Storing the send message in same folder as the message (and not in the send folder)

I’m very new to EM client. I think i like EM though its kind of limited compared to Outlook.

1 (for me) important question though. In outlook it is possible to store a reply
in the same folder as the message you’re replying to. I like having
questing and answers in 1 folder for archive purposes. Yet I have not seen this option in EM (but did I overlook?). For me without this EM is useless in the long end.

Hope somebody knows the answer,
Thanks in advance, Marius

Hi Marius,
the messages are stored in ‘Sent’ folder by default, but you can move the emails after they are sent, either manually or set up a rule in Tools>Rules.
You can set the email to be moved to a certain folder after it is sent.

Regards,
Olivia

I already had a look at those rules. The rules are way to limited to accomplish this. As far I can see I cannot create a rule which moves the sent message back to the original message / folder. Or did I overlook something there?

(assuming i have to create a new rule, with “custom rule on message i have send”, all messages (no criterea), “move to folder (but i dont want a fixed folder”)

Regards,
Marius

Hi Marius,
unfortunately this would work only for a fixed folder, so there is no automated option for moving the sent emails how you need them to.
If this is a feature you miss, check the forum if there is a similar Idea thread that you could vote for or write up your idea as a new Idea thread so other users can vote on it.
Our developers go through Idea threads when we consider improvements and look for new features to implement in future updates.

Regards,
Olivia

Thanks Olivia,

There are a couple of more things i really dont like in EM (like nog beiing able to have multiple exchange accounts or
having calendar’s from all personel). For now it seems I’m better off in abondoning
EM client (back to good old outlook).

I have no idea how to contact developers
or in what forum to write; i’m sure they will get it right if they find a
good enough reason to pick this up.

Regards,
Marius

Hi Marius,
I meant this forum. The same way you posted a question, you can make an Idea thread.
I’m sorry to hear that eM Client doesn’t meet your needs, though I am confused about why you think you cannot have more than one Exchange account set up?

Regards,
Olivia