Storage folder problem, eM Client can't open

I changed the storage folder to c/program files/eM Client by mistake. Now eM Client will not open because it does not have permission to access the folder. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling eM Client but it still pointed to the same storage folder. Tried a registry cleanup between installs also. How can I change the storage file pointer if eM Cient won’t open? Windows 10

In Explorer, right-click on the folder you created (c/program files/eM Client) and choose Properties > Security.

Click on Edit to change permissions.

Under Group or user name, select Users.  Under permissions select Allow Full Control. Click OK.

Start eM Client and change the storage folder location to somewhere that you have normal permissions for.

Thanks. I did the permissions already and it didn’t work. 
https://screenshots.firefox.com/9Vgyv3KUU7NkYcpM/d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net

Also uninstalled and reinstalled.

Keep getting this message:
the application cannot access the default database location…because of folder permissions.

how do I delete the c/program files/eM Client directory? Directly from the list in explorer?

Yes, in Explorer, navigate to the folder you created and delete it.

Thanks… I got it to work.  I never actually created the folder, i just selected it    What is the default storage folder for eM Client?    Mine is currently set as   c:\program files\eM Client

The default storage location is C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\eM Client

thank you     Do you know how I can import hundreds of stored emails in several folders stored on a separate drive that were created with Windows live mail when I was running windows 7?   I can view them 1 at a time with eM Client but I really want to have access to all of them.

thank you     Do you know how I can import hundreds of stored emails in several folders stored on a separate drive that were created with Windows live mail when I was running windows 7?   I can view them 1 at a time with eM Client but I really want to have access to all of them.

If they are eml files you can use Menu > File > Import > eml.

You can preserve the folder tree and import them all if you select to include subfolders.

I lost two comments I made in this thread, and you seem to have one duplicated. :frowning:

thanks for the help. I imported all my old emails in their respective folders .  Unfortunately I did not save my contacts from windows live mail before installing windows 10 and now they are all gone:-(