Still very laggy

I’ve swapped windows 10 live mail for eM Client recently but I’m finding it really laggy for just about everything. I’m on version 7.1.30794.0 - presumably the latest version, and it really is slow.

My main email address is set up as pop3, there doesn’t appear to be any option to download emails for offline use so I don’t know if that makes any difference, when you initially read an email it does take a few seconds to retrieve it - not very handy when you have a lot of email to get through each day! Does anyone know how to solve this?

Hello Paul,

Exactly as you say, the “Download for offline use” feature doesn’t make sense for POP3 account. Please try disabling the conversations view in Menu > Tools > Settings > Mail and check how often the program synchronises. The default setting is 10 mins and more frequent syncing could slow down eM Client.

I hope this was helpful.
Russel

Great, will try that thanks

I’m glad to report that following those instructions seems to have speeded it up greatly, in fact so far I haven’t seen any lag at all. The synchro was set to 2 mins I think so I put it back to ten, and disabled the conversations.

Thanks

I am glad to hear that Paul!

Russel