Still receiving notifications about past events

Then what did Randy mean by his comment? He is mentioning “dismissing the reminder”, is this not the same as “dismissing the notification”?

Reminder or notification, same thing.

If an event reminder/notification pops up, and you don’t dismiss it, it will come back again. So first step is to dismiss it, and then see if the same reminder/notification comes up again.

Sorry, been clicking myself crazy, and now its starting popping up events from 2020!!! That cant be right… Please fix this.

Crazy, and now its starting popping up events from 2020!!!

When you dismiss a notification as @Gary advised in prev post does that specific one come back ?

Also as @Gary advised Notifications “do not send updates to participant/attendees of the event”. It is only a notification for you on your computer so you do need to click Dismiss on your notifications.

I suppose it does not come back (for one I noticed I had to dismiss twice though, not reappearing so far). I am using calendars from 3 providers (2 gmail [1 private, 1 work], 1 synology [work]) and it keeps picking randomly old notification from all 3 calendars. Just 5 min ago, one from 2012 popped up! Cannot find it though in order to dismiss it, because Windows Notifications only shows max. 20 notifications from eM Client… I don’t wanna know how many I have to manually dismiss??? Hope not all from 3 calendars and 15 years!!! Believe me, it must be thousands!

Any chance disabling all old ones with one click? It is getting rediculous… Now Coming up 2020 events…

…and BTW, on the same old events appearing, there are a few I would need to adjust/change the Start/End date by editing them - this is no more possible - before the installation of eM Client on the new notebook (and importing from backup), I used to work like that without any problem - that is: edit a past events date

…seems that this is the second problem introduced since reinstall from backup? both problems seem to be related?

Hi, Have same problem.
Just moved to eM Client, set up account and many old notification showing.

Anybody from eM support team on my last post from 07.02?

Hey does anyone know if EM Client 9 fixes any of this. I just opened Em Client and it said that there is a new version. Looked at the release notes but there isn’t any mention of fixing this long outstanding bug.

We are currently using the latest version and this bug occurs on one of our machines. Mainly past Office365 Teams meetings notifications.

I was getting a reminder of a past event and could not dismiss it. It was a recurring event- set for every two weeks. I finally deleted the event - all past and future - and then recreated it. So far that seems to have worked to eliminate the problem.

Konstantinos1

Hey just noticed your message because I don’t come her often. (I came here today because someone replied to a 2017 message thread I was in about a bug that sill seems to exist. I thought I’d help the guy out). What I mean is just what my post says. From what I can tell, if you dismiss a notification Em Client informs the server to send a notification to meeting participants that the meeting has been updated. It’s not supposed to do that as Gary says. However, it did (does). From what I can tell, the issue still exists.

In version 9.2 we changed the way we manage and display past notifications, so this thread is no longer relevant.

If you are using an older version, please update to the latest in the Release History.

It would be no longer relevant except that Em Client still sends unwanted notifications not just to the local user but to everyone on the meeting invite list.

You should check you have not disabled the setting to dismiss reminders from the past.

You will find this in Menu > Settings >General > Reminders.

Gary,

There should not be any messages sent to the invitees regardless of whether past reminders is set or not. Meeting invitees should not be sent my reminders in the first place. Why would a meeting invitee need to know that I have set a reminder or changed it?

Well, as I said, we don’t do that. Dismissing a reminder does not trigger an event update, but there may be more to this, or your server could be sending an update for some other reason.

If you have a Pro license, you can open a support ticket with us and we can certainly investigate some logs and other data to see if there is a clue to what your server is doing, or if you are changing the event in some other way you might not be aware of.

jueves 05 octubre 2023 :: 1043hrs (UTC +0100)

Suddenly for no apparent reason with no changes to v9.2.2093 on Win 11 Pro past dismissed calendar event reminders have started appearing. I have disabled & re-enabled calendar, closed and re-started eMC and rebooted system.
Also un-checked an re-checked setting as below.

Untitled

Anybody have any ideas?

skybat

¡Los mejores desde Sevilla y mantente a salvo!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués, inglés, francés y alemán
con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.