Still crashing when I click on folders

Over the last several months, the client crashing had become both inevitable and intolerable. So a couple of days ago, I put EM client away and started looking for an alternative. But searching again for the best Windows based email client simply reminded me how much I like(d) eM Client over the competition. So I decided I would endure the crashes just to return to using eM Client.

After today’s installation, eM Client immediately crashed when I clicked on an inbox sub-folder like it has been doing. But this time it ran its database checker and re-opened on its own. I then tried a couple more sub folders. Another crash and restart, and then another folder until the crashes stopped completely.

I don’t know what you did, but eM Client is back as my favorite Windows 11 Gmail client.

Thank you!

Great that everything is working ok now :+1:.

Sounds like it was some sort of mail database issue that’s corrected itself.

I would now recommend to backup eM Client via “Menu / Backup” if you up haven’t already.

You can also setup automatic backups via “Menu / Settings / General / Backup” as another option.

Easy then to restore if you have any issues later.

1 Like

I spoke too soon. The problem continues. Any suggestions?

If you have an IMAP, Exchange, or iCloud account, then remove your account from eM Client and re-add your account as new which should then normally fix any issues with the database if it’s that.

If you have a POP account, create a folder
called eg: Old mail down in “Local Folders” at the bottom left of eM Client and drag all your inbox, outbox, sent box folders etc under that. Then remove your pop account and re-add as new. Then after setting up your pop account again, drag all your old pop email back up again to the same folders.

Failing that if removing and re-adding the account still causes issues, then uninstall eM Client and “don’t delete the database” when asked. Then download and reinstall the latest version of eM Client from the version history page that you have been using. Eg: 7.x or 8.x etc.

If eM Client still crashes, then must be something on the computer interfering in some way with the mail client. Optional programs that can sometimes cause issues like eg: Antivirus programs, Firewall / Security programs, VPNs etc. If you have any of those optionally installed, try disabling those completely one at a time to see if that fixes the issue.

Failing that, disable all background tasks and reboot your computer to see how it goes then. Could be some other startup program on the boot causing it. Good way to troubleshoot.

eM Cient is running in an OS (Windows) which must be healthy. Therefore …

Do not hesitate to regularly check the integrity of Windows.
Method (all actions must be performed in administrator mode) and I assume that you are under Windows 10 or 11.
Open a Command Prompt (cmd) as an administrator

1. Check the image for damaged components.
  • Enter
    DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth + [Enter]
    If there are any problems that can be corrected, just enter the command
    DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / RestoreHealth + [Enter].
  1. Run SFC / ScanNow + [Enter]

I remind you that all the commands must be executed in administrator mode.

Hi Ekastrong textlb
I tried this and DISM doesn’t recognise your command line.
I enter:
DISM / Online / Cleanup-Image / ScanHealth + [Enter]
I get:
Error: 87
DISM doesn’t recognise the command-line option “”.
For more information, refer to the help by running DISM.exe /?.
The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log

I have queried the help and I get a bewildering list of options.

Please double-check and advise exactly what I should be running.