Still can't connect to my Outllook.com account

Can someone please guide how to configure Em Client correctly for hotmail email adress?
I can receive emails but cant send (still in Outbox). Something must have happened lately since I havent made any changes by myself. Can anyone help?

Go to Menu > Accounts.

Remove the Hotmail account, then add it again by clicking on the Add Account button.

Enter the email address in the Automatic Setup and complete the wizard.

You now have a fully functioning email account for sending and receiving.

If for some reason you can receive but not send, then this may be caused by a security app on your computer. As a test, completely disable any anti-virus, firewall, proxy or VPN, then try send again. Sometimes even restarting your router may resolve this.

If that still doesn’t help, go to Menu > Accounts and click on the SMTP tab for this account. The settings should look like this:

If they don’t, change them to match, then click on Save & Close.

Try send again. If it still fails with the security apps disabled, then go to Menu > Operations and look for the SMTP error in the Log tab.

Paste it here.

1 Like

No reply yet. Will share once I know. I try launching EM every day to see if it corrects itself - it doesn’t. Yesterday it started to download my mail folders and some messages (syncing) but after a while the error re-appeared again. Other mail apps work fine. Only EM has issue.

[IMAP]Known Microsoft Exchange server error “User is authenticated but not connected” has been encountered on IMAP connection. This issue is temporary and should be automatically resolved by the server. If not, please contact your mail provider.

This issue is temporary and should be automatically resolved by the server. If not, please contact your mail provider.

@beamer138 Hopefully Microsoft will give you are reply back soon as to what the issue is.

As @Gary says in this previous EMC Thread on this issue, the only way to know would be if you are a eg: eM Client Pro customer and lodged a support ticket, eM Cient Support can then investigate your EWS logs and confirm where the issue is. If you like using eM Client, i would suggest to do that.

Gary
Jun 9
It is unlikely that the problem can be resolved in eM Client because the error says it is a server issue.

But, if you have a Pro License, with a current VIP Support subscription, you can open a ticket directly with us. We can investigate your EWS logs and confirm where the issue is. But if it is a server issue, you will need to take that up with the mail provider as the error says.