Some Gmail emails not visible in eM Client v9

I have 2 Gmail accounts using eM Client v9 as the client.
Many emails are no longer visible in eMC although they are all present in Chrome Gmail.
Folder names and structures are correct and match in both apps.
It looks to be date related and I suspect occurred when I upgraded from v8 to v9. I can see recent emails and older emails but there is now a gap probably across the last 11 months
I have seen this before with eM Client but I can’t remember what the solution was.
Any thoughts from the group?

I have 2 Gmail accounts using eM Client v9 as the client. Many emails are no longer visible in eMC although they are all present in Chrome Gmail

I suspect something went wrong with the local mail database cache that stores the messages and folder / label information that somehow has then got our of sync with the server.

Probably the quickest way to resolve it, is to just “remove and re-add the Gmail IMAP accounts” affected via the automatic email wizard setup at the top via “Menu / Accounts”. Removing and re-adding the accounts will then clear out the old cache and start new.

Or you could instead try “Repairing the accounts” which also clears the local cache and eM Client will then resync the messages like new. To do that option, "Right click on the Gmail “All Mail” folder and click “Properties” at the bottom. Then click the “Repair tab” at the top & lastly click Repair.

Note: After either removing and re-adding the accounts or repairing the accounts, your messages will be slower to reread till fully cached again. So just to be aware of that.

The only other option you could do is eg: if you had a recent dated V8 or V9 eM Client backup “when you know all those missing messages were locally there in eM Client”, you could restore a recent dated backup via “Menu / File / Restore” (Pc) or “File / Restore” (Mac) and eM Client will then sync all new messages and folder / label changes since the restore date.

Lastly once you do get all the messages back, make a manual backup via “Menu / Backup” (Pc) or “File / Backup” (Mac). That way you can easily restore if someone goes wrong in the future.

Just to update: deleting and re-adding my Gmail account seems to have resolved the issue.
Oddly, I had the same issue on another unrelated Gmail account which also resolved itself when I re-added the initial account. I didn’t need to delete and re-add the 2nd account.
Thanks for the help and suggestions.

1 Like