SMTP settings problem, only works sometimes

I can get eM to work on windows 8 but smtp outgoing mail only works intermittently and never sends with an attachment. Really like the programme and way you can create rules. Can’t buy if this is as good as it gets. Seen similar issues reported, just tried Skycap mail works faultlessly. Error message is can’t connect check settings but settings sometimes work! Will eM client work with smtp?

Hello,

I will need your SMTP logs, Tools - Settings - Advanced, check SMTP under your account, apply and restart eM Client.

Try to send email (or follow steps that leads to your issue) and after that send logs which were created to [email protected]
together with topic’s URL: https://discourse.emclient.com/emclient/to…

regards
Jan

Hi Jan,

Tried this, ie checked SMTP, restarted eM and bingo, have sent about 10 mails to various addresses some with attachments and all were successful!!! I’ll try again later but it’s looking good. Why would this have worked I wonder?

Hello,

probably Gmail server was not responding to all your requests. I don’t think that this issue will not come ever again.

When you will encounter once more please follow my original response.

regards
Jan

Hi Jan,

Issue back today. Can’t send again trying to sort out sending logs from another email. I am not using Gmail with eM client. Have a home office and have an ntlworld / Virgin media connection. Will try and gets logs to you but all mail including those with attachments were fine for about 2 days then zilch no connection outgoing for about 3 hours so far.

D

Hello,

I have replied you on email, in case that you have not received that answer I have not found your email in my inbox.

regards
Jan

Just re mailed smtp logs to galis@ and [email protected]

okay thanks, when it will arrive I or my colleague will take look at it

regards
Jan