SMTP problem on some networks

I have two gmail accounts and both work perfectly fine on any network through Chrome. I have recently moved to a new home and on that network eM Client’s SMTP gives problems and will not send emails, however via chrome or on other networks everything still works fine. I have tried changing the SMTP setting to legacy SSL/TLS but no luck…

Please see my log below:
10:08:03 AM ***@gmail.com [SMTP]  MailClient.Accounts.ConnectionException: Connection failed due to the following reason: 
10:08:03 AM     “The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.” —> System.IO.IOException: The handshake failed due to an unexpected packet format.
10:08:03 AM    at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReadFrame(Byte[] buffer, Int32 readBytes, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
10:08:03 AM    at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartReceiveBlob(Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
10:08:03 AM    at System.Net.Security.SslState.CheckCompletionBeforeNextReceive(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
10:08:03 AM    at System.Net.Security.SslState.StartSendBlob(Byte[] incoming, Int32 count, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
10:08:03 AM    at System.Net.Security.SslState.ForceAuthentication(Boolean receiveFirst, Byte[] buffer, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest)
10:08:03 AM    at System.Net.Security.SslState.ProcessAuthentication(LazyAsyncResult lazyResult)
10:08:03 AM    at System.Net.Security.SslStream.AuthenticateAsClient(String targetHost, X509CertificateCollection clientCertificates, SslProtocols enabledSslProtocols, Boolean checkCertificateRevocation)
10:08:03 AM    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
10:08:03 AM    — End of inner exception stack trace —
10:08:03 AM    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
10:08:03 AM    at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
10:08:03 AM    at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
10:08:23 AM ***@gmail.com [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: For folder ***@gmail.com/[Gmail]/All Mail
10:08:23 AM ***@gmail.com [IMAP]  Synchronizing messages: Done
10:08:23 AM ***@gmail.com [IMAP]  Downloading messages: For folder ***@gmail.com/[Gmail]/All Mail
10:08:24 AM ***@gmail.com [IMAP]  Downloading messages: Done

I have found the best settings for GMail SMTP are the default ones assigned when adding the account in Automatic Setup.

The default settings result in a SMTP error as described above.

Those settings work perfectly as long as nothing is blocking them. As you have said, it works on other networks.

Are you maybe using a proxy or VPN on your network? If you are, disable those and try again. You can also completely disable your anti-virus and firewall (both on your computer and router) and try again.

No VPN…  I have tried disabling the antivirus but no result. Check modem and router, disabled any firewalls, still  the same…

Did you check with your service provider? Seems like there may be something wrong there if it works on another network but not the home one.

You could also check by setting up the same account in another email client like Thunderbird or Outlook. Chrome web browser uses a different protocol to connect to your web mail, so that is something different.

If you have another modem or router, you could also try that. It may be a hardware issue.

thanks, I will check with the provider, it seems like the problem might be there… I was hoping to avoid that though.