SMTP Failed - Cant send e-mails

domingo 04 diciembre 2022 :: 1311hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @butty

Since my previous post I have used my colleagues Virgin account and settings to install on my eMC v9.2.1222 on Win 11 Pro to test, I setup two accounts using the following:

VIRGIN
Host: smtp.virgin.net
Port: 25
Security: Use SSL/TLS if available
Server requires authentication

SMTP SERVICE
Host: mail.authsmtp.com
Port: 2525
Security: Don’t use secure connection
Server requires authentication

I have sent 60 test emails from each Virgin account with no issues or failures; I sent directly from my personal home connection (Movistar 1Gb ilimitadas FIBRA 53 € al mes) and via a number of VPN locations.
I believe the issue is being caused by GoDaddy set up and restrictions whom I know from past Compucall Solutions client problems.

I am sorry I do not believe I can help you any more, maybe someone else can.

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Sevilla la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Apologies for the late response I was blocked from posting for 18 hours as i posted too many replies to soon
the SMTP setting I use that works on outlook and my phone are (these settings worked on emclient also:

-mail-.pvr-uk.com (without the -)
Port 465
Use SSL/TLS
Require authentication (my email address & Password)

Thankyou for your help but surely if the issue was with godaddy then no other email client should be able to send mail using the same settings that dont work on em client

Hi, I have got the same kind of SMTP problem with my email accounts. My problem came when i updated my eM client from 7.x to 9x. All worked before. I have tried everything to fix this and without VPN and Norton and i tried those ports in below also. I don’t know what to do. Should i turn back to 7.x cause email without posiibilities to sending is alf useless. It worked with Port 587 = Force usage of SSL/TLS (Latest 64bit Win10Pro but tried with 64bit Win 7 also)before but what is changed in 9.x? Any idea how fix this akward problem? My head hurts.
And this problems is with one of the biggest teleoperator email in Finland but all seems to work with Gmails. Unfortunately i don’t want to give up and not turn back into The Bat.

Regards, Pete

I have resolved my issue very weird resolution but what I did was release my dedicated IP address on my webserver and get a new one issued then update my DNS record to point to the new IP address and em client just magically started working again with the original smtp settings

1 Like

@butty

Ah the old IP Address problem. I never suspected that as you were able to send ok with Outlook. Well done. Great you got it sorted out :slightly_smiling_face:

lunes 05 diciembre 2022 :: 0923hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @butty

Pleased you sorted issue but as @cyberzork said “Ah the old IP Address problem” you did not earlier say you were using dedicated IP Address.
Do you have a real reason for using dedicated IP Address as you have found out why not?

¡Buena suerte!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like

Hi, I meant the dedicated IP address that I use on my server at godaddy which hosts my website, not my home connection, I do not use a dedicated IP for my home fibre connection. It is a weird solution i know still does not make sense to me lol.

http://92.204.219.150/

lunes 05 diciembre 2022 :: 1428hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @

Yes, I am confused by what you say as what you do with your web server is completely different from your email setup unless by using GoDaddy WordPress templates on hosting plus which does provide a dedicated IP there is something, as you say, weird with a dynamic email address connection, if so it is new to me.
Maybe you simply pressed or clicked something by mistake. I guess from what you say you are comparing a set up at your office with your set up at home and this is where the issue has been. Do you use eMC in your office, at home or both?

¡Buena suerte!

skybat

[email protected]

I am confused myself lol, I have a VPS with go daddy, so i changed the dedicated IP that was linked to my VPS which hosts my website and email. That was the only thing I did, as soon as a new IP address was assigned to my VPS and i updated my domain DNS records em allowed me to send outgoing mail without changing any settings.

I use em client both at home and on my office connection aswell as on my laptop occasionally using a hotspot connection from my mobile. It was not sending mail on any of these connections and only began working when I had the new IP address issued for my VPS. The same for the few of my employees that also use em client they faced the same issue as me no outgoing mail but incoming was fine so they resorted to using roundcube from a web browser, emclient allowed sending of mail after the ip address change with no settings changed for them either.

Im confused with the whole situation myself, other email clients worked fine it was just emclient that wouldn’t work but im happy the issue is now resolved lol

lunes 05 diciembre 2022 :: 1627hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @butty

Just as a matter of interest, what sort of eMC License/s do you have?
Maybe there is a clue there.

¡Buena suerte!

skybat

[email protected]

Hi, I have pro for companies without the lifetime upgrades currently on version 9.2

lunes 05 diciembre 2022 :: 1749hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey@ butty

Really strange, how many licenses do you have and are you using them all with identical settings?

¡Buena suerte!

skybat

[email protected]

We have 6 licenses and yes I set up all the devices with identical settings. All the devices also had the same issue and issue resolved at the same time