SMTP Failed - Cant send e-mails

I have been using em client for approx. 1 year and had no issues till yesterday when it stopped all outgoing mail sending, I have not changed anything on my computer have tried disabling firewall still nothing. Diagnostics say SMTP and IMAP are okay. I am receiving the below error whenever I try to send mail, I can receive mail via em client without issue. Also I added my email with the same settings to outlook and it can send/receive mail successfully.

15:08:51 [email protected] [SMTP] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Sending messages failed due to the following reason:
“Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond…”
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Execute(WorkerStatus status)
at MailClient.Commands.Command.Process(WorkerStatus status)
EnqueuedStackTrace =
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpAccount.<>c__DisplayClass3_0.b__0()
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.RunIfOnline(Action actionIfOnline, Action actionIfOffline)
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpAccount.SendAsync(IEnumerable1 items, Action1 sentItem, Action`1 completed, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.SendInternal()
at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.Send()
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager.SendAllInternal(Boolean checkIncludeInGlobalOperations)
at MailClient.Accounts.AccountManager.SendAndReceiveAll(Boolean checkIncludeInGlobalOperations)
at MailClient.Accounts.DesktopAccountManager.timerSendAndReceive_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at Interop.User32.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.Interop.Mso.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(UIntPtr dwComponentID, msoloop uReason, Void* pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(msoloop reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(msoloop reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(ApplicationContext context)
at MailClient.Program.<>c.b__185_3()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at MailClient.Common.UI.Forms.BaseForm.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, WM msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at Xilium.CefGlue.Interop.libcef.run_message_loop()
at MailClient.Program.Main(String[] args)
GUIStatus_Exception_Reported = True

As a test, can you completely disable any anti-virus, firewall, proxy or VPN, then try send again.
Sometimes even restarting your router may resolve this.

Hi, thanks for your response. I have tried disabling antivirus and windows defender, Tried restarting router also tried connecting to my mobile phone hotspot and still the issue remains. I am able to send mail from this email address using the mail client on my mobile phone & Outlook on my computer

It could be the wrong settings.

Go to Menu > Accounts and click on the SMTP tab for the account.

There are three possible combinations of port and security policy. Try the first, click on Save & Close and try send a message. If that doesn’t help go back to Menu > Accounts, try the second and click on Save & Close, etc…

Port 587 = Force usage of SSL/TLS
Port 465 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
Port 25 = Use SSL/TLS if available

1 Like

Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time.

I agree with @Gary it sounds like some sort of SMTP port or Security policy setup problem, which can sometimes cause “transport connection” errors if you have wrong setup (even if the SMTP diagnostics pass ok in the initial setup).

Port 587 = Force usage of SSL/TLS

17:03:34 [email protected] [SMTP] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Sending messages failed due to the following reason:
“Unable to read data from the transport connection: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond…”
EnqueuedStackTrace =
at MailClient.Protocols.Common.AccountBase.RunIfOnline(Action actionIfOnline, Action actionIfOffline)
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpAccount.SendAsync(IEnumerable1 items, Action1 sentItem, Action1 completed, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.SendInternal() at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.Send() at MailClient.UI.Forms.formSendMail.<>c__DisplayClass437_4.<Send>b__7(CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.UI.LongOperationService.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<MailClient.UI.ILongOperationService.InitOperation>b__0(CancellationToken ct) at MailClient.UI.LongOperationService.<>c__DisplayClass15_01.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
at MailClient.UI.LongOperationService.<>c__DisplayClass15_01.<InitOperation>b__0() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task1.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.<>c.<.cctor>b__272_0(Object obj)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteFromThreadPool(Thread threadPoolThread)
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading.PortableThreadPool.WorkerThread.WorkerThreadStart()
at System.Threading.Thread.StartCallback()

17:05:55 [email protected] [SMTP] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Sending messages failed due to the following reason:
EnqueuedStackTrace =
at MailClient.Protocols.Smtp.SmtpAccount.SendAsync(IEnumerable1 items, Action1 sentItem, Action1 completed, CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.SendInternal() at MailClient.Accounts.BindingAccountBase.Send() at MailClient.UI.Forms.formSendMail.<>c__DisplayClass437_4.<Send>b__7(CancellationToken cancellationToken) at MailClient.UI.LongOperationService.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<MailClient.UI.ILongOperationService.InitOperation>b__0(CancellationToken ct) at MailClient.UI.LongOperationService.<>c__DisplayClass15_01.<b__0>d.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore.Start[TStateMachine](TStateMachine& stateMachine)
at MailClient.UI.LongOperationService.<>c__DisplayClass15_01.<InitOperation>b__0() at System.Threading.Tasks.Task1.InnerInvoke()
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunFromThreadPoolDispatchLoop(Thread threadPoolThread, ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ExecuteWithThreadLocal(Task& currentTaskSlot, Thread threadPoolThread)

17:07:19 [email protected] [SMTP] MailClient.Accounts.SocketException: Sending messages failed due to the following reason:
EnqueuedStackTrace =

viernes 02 diciembre 2022 :: 1822hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @butty

OK, Am I correct you are Prestige Vehicle Rentals?
If this the case what company is your ISP and is the same as your email provider?
If it is GoDaddy check their site for any recent changes

¡Buena suerte!

¡Saludos desde Sevilla la soleada en España!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Yes correct, my ISP is Virgin and my hosting is provided by Godaddy, I have checked the settings with them and they are the same. The issue is only with emclient, I am able to send emails using the same settings from my mobile phone and I have tried the windows 11 mail app along with outlook app on my computer

If all three SMTP settings failed, then you can try removing and re-adding the account.

viernes 02 diciembre 2022 :: 1918hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @butty

I know that the guy that runs our UK office has had some personal Virgin accounts for years and that within the last few months had some issues with SMTP, I have emailed him to ask what he did to sort the issue and will get back to you.

¡Buena suerte!

skybat

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

viernes 02 diciembre 2022 :: 1949hrs (UTC +01:00)

Hey @butty

You are not alone he also had an issue with multiple accounts where some work with virgin SMTP and the others never would so he uses a 3rd party SMTP service, here are the various settings:
VIRGIN
Host: smtp.virgin.net
Port: 25
Security: Use SSL/TLS if available
Server requires authentication

SMTP SERVICE
Host: mail.authsmtp.com
Port: 2525
Security: Don’t use secure connection
Server requires authentication

¡Buena suerte!

skybat

[email protected]

Not sure whether to start a new thread or not, but I have a customer with the same problem. Thunderbird does however work on the PC. He thought it was around the time that emClient was updated that the problem occurred, so we installed several older versions but still no joy.

I have tested various different ports with different SSL options, and non SSL along with different server addresses as provided by TSO Hosts support, but they say as it works with Thunderbird, it is not their issue. The support guy said it must be emClient as he had never heard of it! They allegedly haven’t changed anything on their server. I’ve tried multiple combinations of the above along with setting up the account from scratch several times.

Hi, thankyou for your reply, however I have tried both of those and it still comes up with the same error

I have tried doing this, I have also tried reinstalling em client and the issue remains

After speaking to Godaddy, I have resolved the issue by using the following SMTP settings:

relay-hosting.secureserver.net
Port 25
Use SSL/TTLS
Server does not require authentication

EM client is now allowing me to send outgoing emails however this is more of a temporary fix as using this SMTP service they say I am only able to send upto 250 outgoing emails per day

Im not sure what the problem is but it must be related to emclient as I am able to send mail using my original SMTP settings on various other email clients from the same device and connection.

I think i have spoke to soon lol after sending approx 20 emails from my outgoing folder it has now come up with the same error again

@butty

Also I added my email with the same settings to outlook and it can send/receive mail successfully.

What smtp settings do you have in Outlook that work ?