smtp doesnt work

Yes, but I have already tried disconnecting everything without any luck, but I changed the log dir and that did the trick… Logs will be in your mailbox shortly :slight_smile:

Okay guys, I have been troubleshooting this problem for 2 days now and I finally found a fix that nobody has mentioned. I have been through the process of checking logs, correcting the password, changing ports etc. I was in the process of diagnosing SMTP issues as the IMAP was working fine. As it was ‘fixing it’, I went onto my anti virus (Avast!) and saw that I have Mail Shield? I though what the heck is that!

I disabled it permanently and as soon as I did it the SMTP Problem was fixed! Please let me know if this helps you out in any way possible!

It has been mentioned in multiple threads in this forum …

I didn’t see it, sorry.

Hi George (and everybody else),

So, I decided to go ahead and buy a license since I’m very happy with eMC, but now I’m having the exact same problems as mentioned above - Can’t connect to smtp. I can’t remember how you fixed the problem the last time, but I’m hoping you are up for the challenge once again :slight_smile:

Do I need to send you the log files?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

in the first place please try to use Diagnose/Fix button in the account settings. Then inform me of the result. In case it won’t help, try to change the port used for SMTP server to 465 and switch Security policy to “Use SSL/TLS on special port”.
Hope it helps you.

did it help?

Jan

Hi,

I’ve tried both your suggestions, but I’m getting a “fixing failed” message every time. Want me to send the log file?

yes, to [email protected] with this topic’s url in subject please.

Jan