SMTP connecting fails ?

The issue may be also connected with your firewall or antivirus settings. They can block eM Client from proper functioning.

I’m sorry, eM Client with this specific configuration file creates file named System.Net.trace.log in your temporary directory.

Checked firewall, anti-virus and other settings.

Conclusion: EMClient is buggy … Can anyone suggest an alternative Email client?

I was experiencing this problem. My pop & smtp both required SSL. I had to change the setting from "use ssl/…if available " to the “force ssl” option. Problems went away and I can receive and send.

The issue may be also connected with your firewall or antivirus settings.
Gordan, :frowning:

outlook express, you have it

Yes, somehow allow the application in your firewall and antivirus. If it’s still not working, please follow steps I wrote here 2 months ago and send me the log, please.

Hi,
we finally found out the cause of sending problems (using SMTP) if you use Verizon thanks to logs sent to us by one of our customer.

We have done testing with Outlook against Verizon and analyzed the communication and it shows that even Outlook gets rejected by Verizon’s servers when authenticating the way eM Client does (using authentication scheme DIGEST-MD5). However, Outlook then uses a simpler (but unsecure) authentication scheme and gets through. eM Client doesn’t fall back to another scheme and just reports the error, which seemed better during design, but apparently not Verizon friendly (to be precise, Verizon uses Sun Java System Messaging Server).

We will add the fall back workaround into the next version of eM Client - however, until that version is out, you can workaround the issue manually by using different SMTP server to send your Verizon emails:
Take e.g. smtp.live.com + according credentials (or some other account’s SMTP server + credentials) and enter those in the SMTP tab of the Verizon account. That way you should be able to send email with your Verizon email address in the From: field - but through non-verizon SMTP (unless the other account’s email provider is blocking this - then you need to try another SMTP server.

Regards

if we can’t send email, why give us an email address to send issues to?

Here is my log…
4:42:05 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Connecting: To [email protected]
4:56:12 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Auth aborted: : MailExceptions.AbortedException: Authentication aborted by user.
4:56:12 PM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Authenticate(WorkerStatus status)
4:56:12 PM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
4:56:12 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Connected: To [email protected]
4:56:12 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Sending messages
4:56:12 PM Cannot send message (‘From’ field address ‘[email protected]’ not accepted with reason:
4:56:12 PM "4.4.2 Timeout while waiting for command.
4:56:12 PM ")
4:56:12 PM [email protected] [POP3] Connecting: To [email protected]
4:56:13 PM [email protected] [POP3] Connected: To [email protected]
4:56:13 PM [email protected] [POP3] Downloading messages: From [email protected]
4:56:38 PM [email protected] [POP3] Disconnected: From [email protected]
4:56:38 PM [email protected] [POP3] Disconnected: Done
4:57:04 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Connecting: To [email protected]
4:57:11 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Auth aborted: : MailExceptions.AbortedException: Authentication aborted by user.
4:57:11 PM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Authenticate(WorkerStatus status)
4:57:11 PM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
4:57:11 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Connected: To [email protected]
4:57:11 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Sending messages
4:57:11 PM Cannot send message (‘From’ field address ‘[email protected]’ not accepted with reason:
4:57:11 PM "5.7.1 Authentication Required
4:57:11 PM ")
4:57:11 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Disconnected: From [email protected]
4:57:11 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Disconnected: Done
4:57:11 PM [email protected] [POP3] Connecting: To [email protected]
4:57:12 PM [email protected] [POP3] Connected: To [email protected]
4:57:12 PM [email protected] [POP3] Downloading messages: From [email protected]
4:57:13 PM [email protected] [POP3] Disconnected: From [email protected]
4:57:13 PM [email protected] [POP3] Disconnected: Done
5:02:04 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Connecting: To [email protected]
5:07:20 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Auth aborted: : MailExceptions.AbortedException: Authentication aborted by user.
5:07:20 PM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Authenticate(WorkerStatus status)
5:07:20 PM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
5:07:20 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Connected: To [email protected]
5:07:20 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Sending messages
5:07:20 PM Cannot send message (‘From’ field address ‘[email protected]’ not accepted with reason:
5:07:20 PM "4.4.2 Timeout while waiting for command.
5:07:20 PM ")
5:07:20 PM [email protected] [POP3] Connecting: To [email protected]
5:07:21 PM [email protected] [POP3] Connected: To [email protected]
5:07:21 PM [email protected] [POP3] Downloading messages: From [email protected]
5:07:21 PM [email protected] [POP3] Disconnected: From [email protected]
5:07:21 PM [email protected] [POP3] Disconnected: Done
5:12:04 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Connecting: To [email protected]
5:16:45 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Auth aborted: : MailExceptions.AbortedException: Authentication aborted by user.
5:16:45 PM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Authenticate(WorkerStatus status)
5:16:45 PM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
5:16:45 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Connected: To [email protected]
5:16:45 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Sending messages
5:16:45 PM Cannot send message (‘From’ field address ‘[email protected]’ not accepted with reason:
5:16:45 PM "4.4.2 Timeout while waiting for command.
5:16:45 PM ")
5:16:45 PM [email protected] [POP3] Connecting: To [email protected]
5:16:46 PM [email protected] [POP3] Connected: To [email protected]
5:16:47 PM [email protected] [POP3] Downloading messages: From [email protected]
5:16:47 PM [email protected] [POP3] Disconnected: From [email protected]
5:16:47 PM [email protected] [POP3] Disconnected: Done
5:17:04 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Connecting: To [email protected]
5:17:06 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Auth aborted: : MailExceptions.AbortedException: Authentication aborted by user.
5:17:06 PM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Authenticate(WorkerStatus status)
5:17:06 PM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
5:17:06 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Connected: To [email protected]
5:17:06 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Sending messages
5:17:07 PM Cannot send message (‘From’ field address ‘[email protected]’ not accepted with reason:
5:17:07 PM "5.7.1 Authentication Required
5:17:07 PM ")
5:17:07 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Disconnected: From [email protected]
5:17:07 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Disconnected: Done
5:17:07 PM [email protected] [POP3] Connecting: To [email protected]
5:17:07 PM [email protected] [POP3] Connected: To [email protected]
5:17:08 PM [email protected] [POP3] Downloading messages: From [email protected]
5:17:09 PM [email protected] [POP3] Disconnected: From [email protected]
5:17:09 PM [email protected] [POP3] Disconnected: Done
5:22:04 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Connecting: To [email protected]
5:23:49 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Auth aborted: : MailExceptions.AbortedException: Authentication aborted by user.
5:23:49 PM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Authenticate(WorkerStatus status)
5:23:49 PM at MailClient.Smtp.SmtpSendCommand.Connect(WorkerStatus status)
5:23:49 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Connected: To [email protected]
5:23:49 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Sending messages
5:23:49 PM Cannot send message (‘From’ field address ‘[email protected]’ not accepted with reason:
5:23:49 PM "5.7.0 No AUTH command has been given.
5:23:49 PM ")
5:23:49 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Disconnected: From [email protected]
5:23:49 PM [email protected] [SMTP] Disconnected: Done
5:23:49 PM [email protected] [POP3] Connecting: To [email protected]
5:23:50 PM [email protected] [POP3] Connected: To [email protected]
5:23:50 PM [email protected] [POP3] Downloading messages: From [email protected]
5:23:51 PM [email protected] [POP3] Disconnected: From [email protected]
5:23:51 PM [email protected] [POP3] Disconnected: Done

I have frequent loss of my wireless connection due to my Panasonic Microwave which obviously has nothing whatever to do with eMC. ALL email clients will error out when network disconnection occurs for whatever reason.

The primary difference between eMC and other clients is in how the error is displayed and handled. Perhaps the primary complaint about eMC is more to do with the annoying pop-up window that requires a navigation/click action every time eMC errors out - what a pain! Once my microwave is off, my wireless connection reactivates and my mail is received, but I still have to babysit the numerous and frequent eMC pop-ups.

Solution: show a hyper-linked error icon on the bottom status bar (like Outlook does) that will give the users more details only if they CHOOSE to click the icon. This will eliminate a major eMC-related complaint that was caused by outside conditions unrelated to eMC.

Hi,
there is option ‘Show window when an error occurrs’ in Operations window section accessible by menu Tools->Settings->General. You can disable it to prevent eM Client to display errors. Then you can access errors in Operatons window from bottom status bar as you mentioned.

The problem is not just the Operations window that pops up with the error message. The bigger problem is that outgoing email messages don’t get sent!
Any solution? My provider is Cox Communications.

Yep my problem as well- called server and the have no answer- Frontier
and on your smtp page there is no SMTP Authentication place AND in the back office for Frontier…they gve examples for all types of email programs but emclient- so—

this is all I can find

Oh and since the upgrade- the program locks up a lot-

Port 25 blocking prevents spammers from sending masses of unauthorized junk e-mail. Port 25 is the port, or connection, on your computer through which outgoing e-mail must pass.

Due to an increase of complaints about spam (Internet junk mail) and computer viruses sent via outgoing e-mail messages, as of December 3, 2003, Frontier has blocked all SMTP SMTP
When you are exchanging email on the Internet SMTP is the computing technology that keeps the process orderly. SMTP allows emails to be sent outbound via the Internet or a network of computers. Emails are retrieved on the inbound side by one of two protocols POP POP
One of two forms of technology that allow your computer to retrieve email messages from the Internet or a network of computers. The other newer protocol is IMAP IMAP
One of two forms of technology that allow your computer to retrieve email messages from the Internet or a network of computers. The other older protocol is POP Post Office Protocol. Outbound messages are sent with SMTP Simple Message Transport Protocol. Instant Message Access Protocol. Outbound messages are sent with SMTP Simple Message Transport Protocol. Post Office Protocol or the newer IMAP IMAP
One of two forms of technology that allow your computer to retrieve email messages from the Internet or a network of computers. The other older protocol is POP Post Office Protocol. Outbound messages are sent with SMTP Simple Message Transport Protocol. Instant Message Access Protocol. (port 25) traffic over our network from Frontier High Speed Internet customers (with dynamic IPs) that is not sent through Frontier outgoing mail servers (smtp.frontier.com). We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

This change only applies if you have a dynamic IP address. If you have Frontier Business Class High Speed Internet (or SDSL) and a static IP address, your outgoing e-mail will not be affected by this change.

If you have been affected by this change, please change your outgoing mail server to the following:

smtp.frontier.com

You might also have to configure your e-mail program to authenticate to our outgoing mail server. For instructions on how to do so, please visit our SMTP Authentication web site.

Note: Some customers telecommuting from home may be unable to send e-mail using their companies’ e-mail systems. For your own security, we suggest establishing a secure connection via an application such as VPN, in order to utilize the outgoing mail server for your place of business.

BTY- this is a new issue since I have been using emclient for 6 months- its something going on with Servers-and emclient…Frontier…had me change to a different server…we used to be citlink.net- They are making everyone go to frontier.com----I changed to Frontier.com in November ish- this started right after the update.

Hi,
this points to some server-side net communication problems. If you’ ll be so kind and email us communication logs using menu Tools->Settings->Logging, enable Network communication and press Send Logs. We would appreciate that.

Regards

Hi well it says I have no log- which ones do I need to check there is 6 different thingies- or will network communication be enough

I am having the SMTP send problem I try to send and it says connecting then I get the error that started this thread in the first place at the top…I have to try sending 3 or 4 times before it might actually go, but it finally does go. This is not reliable. I upgraded to the latest version of emclient and the behavior is exactly the same.
What is going on here???
Marc Dantonio
FX Models
[email protected]

I would get rid of your anti virus programme and use Microsoft Security Essentials. You will find that emclient will work.

Yes, it should be enough for us.