SMIME - selecting encryption certificates based on email address is case sensitive

When sending an encrypted mail, eM Client tries to find an encryption certificate by searching for the email address of the recipient. This search is case sensitive

Incoming mails sometimes contain capital letters for name and first name, e.g. [email protected].

If a certificate is assigned to the address [email protected], eM Client does not find this certificate.

I tried to add the upper case letter email address to the contact and assign the same certificate. The import works fine, but the certificate is not saved. Obviously, assigning a certificate is only possible for one email address of a contact.

The best solution would be to design the certificate search case insensitive. Instead assigning a certificate to more than one emai address assigned to contact would be helpful.

Thx.

Hello,

Yes this is an issue and it will be repaired as soon as possible, unfortunately I can’t tell you how soon it will be done.

regards
Jan

Thanks for the prompt update. Looking forward to hearing from you and appreciate a fix for the problem. Regards, Robert

Hello,

thank you for your understanding, I’ve asked my colleague responsible for this and it is moving in his list so it will be definitely worked on :slight_smile:

regards
Jan