slow

I have been checking the free version of eM before I decide to buy the full version. It is a great program, however it runs extremely slow. Is there a cure?
Thank you.
[email protected]

Hi, I’m unfortunately not completely sure what you’re referring to, can you please specify the application’s behavior?
What version of eM client are you currently using on your computer, can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

What mail service vendor are you using for synchronizing your items with the application? Are you using an IMAP account, a POP account or other?

Thank you,
Paul

Hi,
Many thanks for the prompt reply.
My connection is quite fast (100Mb/sec) yet it takes too long to download and even longer to view the downloaded messages. I have several computers using other mail clients and they do not have ant speed issues. My two accounts installed on eM are POP, and I am using the release number 6.0.21372.0 which I believe is the latest.
Thank you,

N.

Hi again, are there any errors thrown by the application, when you try to synchronize your account with the server? If not, I’m afraid this might be a server response issue, sometimes the server doesn’t have to handle the number if requests he receives and thus the application may seem unresponsive, if you’re seeing any errors please make a screenshot of the error and submit it to us here on the forum.

Or when it occurs, switch to the “Log” tab in operations, copy the content of the log and submit it to us here on the forum as well.

Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,
No, there were no errors in synchronizing my accounts and I get no error notifications. It just takes forever to delete messages or to jump from message to the next while scrolling through them.
My other mail clients work perfectly on the same computer.
Thanks,

N.

If there are no errors and your account is a POP local account, this may be a database issue, please try to run this utility, http://www.emclient.com/tools/dbrepairrebuildall.exe , check if no database items are corrupt or if the utility is able to restore some of the inaccessible or corrupt database items.

Regards,
Paul

Everything seems to check out fine and the database is OK.
Any further steps?
N.

Can you please make a screenshot of your account settings from Tools > Accounts > Your account(s) > POP3 and submit the screenshots here on the forum?

Are you having the issue with these POP3 accounts or is this a general issue with all your accounts?
Note that eM Client by default does not download the message content for IMAP and only synchronizes the headers of your messages.

Since other email clients, mostly, are doing the exact opposite, synchronizing everything for offline use by default, it may appear as the application is not responsive enough, while in the meantime the application is downloading the content of your messages for display - to avoid this, you can enable the option “Download messages for offline use” in your IMAP (e.g. your Gmail account) account settings.

Never had an issue with my POP3 accounts, as I currently don’t on my other computers.
My Gmail is just synchronizing my calendar and not checking mails and is working fine.
I will try a little longer before I give up on eM. I like it but …

Thanks for trying to help.