Slow attachments

Gary’s advice in his Jul '23 post worked brilliantly.

• This morning I let a 16MB photo download for 2 minutes before giving up and going to web Gmail instead.

• I then followed Gary’s advice and added that Advanced Parameters text. Downloading is now almost instant.

That raw download option @Gary advised is now also available to enable in V10 Beta for Desktop and Mobile app “without adding a parameter string” as in the Gmail IMAP example below.

Does this solution apply to exchange / 365 accounts as well? Is a different string needed?

No, the setting is for IMAP only.

For Exchange it may be a slow connection to the server, or just a slow server. There is something you can try though. It won’t speed up the connection or server, but it will cache attachments when they arrive so when you later click on them, they should open immediately. Go to Menu > Accounts and click on the Exchange tab for the account. Scroll down to Sync Options, tick both of them, and click on Save & Close.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll update on the results.

Also been having this issue for a while. Thought it was just my laptop acting up, but have now tried it on multiple Windows devices, and have the same result. A PDF file attachment of a few megabytes takes FOREVER to load, and renders the rest of the email application useless during this loading time. Needs to be resolved, its the main thing letting down emClient at the moment. None of the other email apps I’ve used have this problem (thunderbird/outlook) so surely this can be resolved at the software level.

@Gary solution worked for me - many thanks!