Slow at opening an email

When I click on the email I want to view, it takes a very long time (out-of-ordinary-time) to actually see the body of the email.
Would anyone have a suggestion on what I can do to improve this?
Thanks a bunch,
Nathalie
*I am running version 7.1.31849.0*

Hello,

If your email account is set as IMAP, then after the message is received, only a header is downloaded. After you click on the email or open it in a new window, then the body of a message is downloaded. In case of a weak internet connection or a large email (with enclosed images or attachments) it can take more time. If you wish to set eM Client to download full messages after receive, you can do so in Menu > Tools > Accounts > Your account > IMAP > Download messages for offline use. 

Regards,
Russel

Thank you Russel for your reply and trying to help me. 
Unfortunately, I am not set as IMAP.  When I follow your steps and click on my account, I have 4 tabs on top:  General, POP3, SMTP and Diagnostics.
When I scroll all the way down under the General tab, SMTP and POP3 are ticked.
Nathalie

Nathalie,

Then the way how POP3 protocol works is different because the messages are downloaded directly after they are received. What email account does it happen with?

Russel

Russel,

I only have one email account, my business email account.
Would it work better maybe if I deleted it and set it up as IMAP?

Nathalie,

I am sorry to inform you but eM Client FREE version only allows a non-business usage. While using eM Client FREE for business purposes, you are violating our Licence agreement. If you wish to continue using it for business purpose, please purchase a PRO version at: http://www.emclient.com/purchase.

To your question, If you don’t mind switching to IMAP, you can try if it helps solving the issue. But before you proceed to delete the current POP3 account, please make sure that your emails are either on the server or create a backup (export) first. Otherwise you might loose your emails. You can create the backup in Menu > File > Backup, Export at Menu > File > Export.

Regards,
Russel 

Russel,
I remember telling myself I wanted to try it out for at least 30 days and I forgot to buy a License, which I just did because you have an amazing product.

I don’t feel like deleting anything lol too afraid too lose everything…so many folders and emails saved.

I have another error from time to time popping up regarding my pop3 settings and thinking that when I see this pop up, maybe the issue of all of this to begin with is “user error” because of my settings.  I will update this tread if you don’t mind once I see the pop up again.

Thanks Russel,  really appreciate it.
Nathalie