Since Update to Version 9 eM Client crashes by clicking on "Accounts"

Hi,

every time I open my eM Client since the update to version 9.0.213 an error warning pops up concerning my Google settings. When I click on >>eM Client >> accounts to check the settings, the program crashes instantly - every time.

Does someone experience the same behaviour since the upgrade to 9? What can I do?

Txs in advance,
M.

Suggest to try updating to the latest just released version 9 Beta 2 9.0.506 for Windows and see if that resolves it. See version history page below.

eM Client version history

Failing that, backup eM Client via “Menu / Backup” and then uninstall eM Client and “don’t delete the database” on uninstall. Then reinstall eM Client.

Txs for your hint, I’ll try that. Since I’m on Mac, my current version ist the last one, so updating is not possible right now. But the uninstalling-possibility might work.

Besides that, I’m a bit annoyed that my system installed version 9 not labelled as “Beta”, but as a regular, stable version. If I’d have known 9 is beta, I wouldn’t have installed it at all. But that’s not a problem of eM but of my system. :slight_smile:

Ok sorry i thought you you had the Windows version.

Hopefully the new V9 Beta 2 for Mac will be out soon and will fix your issues you are getting. All the current V9 releases on the version history page for Mac also have “Beta” written next to them till officially released.

Definitely send that feedback of current Mac V9.0.213 Beta 1 issues to [email protected]

Also what Mac OS version do you have ?

Had the same problem. The latest Mac version of eMclient 9.0.1755 opens accounts without any problem :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It still crashes for me when clicking Accounts on Mac with 9.0.1755

Is there a Mac Beta or Nightly I can try?

Desperate for a working app to continue working.

Sorry to hear that - was hoping if it worked for me it would work for you :frowning: Unfortunately, I’m not connected with eMclient so can’t say if there are betas coming up.

Have you tried uninstalling with a delete/ununstaller app? Sometimes these programs leave bits and pieces behind…

Best of luck

1 Like

Yes agree to try uninstalling and reinstalling eM Client for Mac as @DrElectron advised as you shouldn’t be getting that issue now.

Backup eM Client first though via the backup menu dropdown Mac menu option in eM Client.

Also after uninstall remove the following eM Client user folder manually (see below) on your Mac as advised by another Mac eM Client forum user previously when uninstalling the program.

'Users/yourusername/Library/Application Support/eM Client` folder