signature separation aka sigdashes

Signatures should be separeted by '-- ’ (dash dash space), followed by a newline. I didn’t find a way to let eM Client preserve the trailing space. No Problem in the editor, but when I send the Mail, the space is stripped, and only the ‘–’ gets through.

I am using Version 6, Pro. Message composition is in plaintext, Font-Setting altered to use fixed-width fonts (I need that badly). Should be unrelated - but maybe that triggers something.

It’s not really a problem, as for now I just still use alpine for composing Mail when writing to a sensitive audience (like other network and mailserver operators). Maybe I am missing something; but from my experience with mailsoftware this is very likely trigged by sending as ‘format=flowed’ as this is prone to Problems with trailing spaces.

So if I’m doing it wrong, please point me in the right direction. Otherwise - this is not an really important issue - but if if you find time to fix it, it would be highly appreciated. We old dogs take traditions like using correct sigdashes very seriously.

Hi, can you maybe make a screenshot of the issue, whether I’m using plain text or HTML for new messages I can always see the space after the dash.
How are you configuring the signature? You could try composing messages in HTML and insert " " as HTML (That’s a space sign).

Also what version of eM Client are you using?

Let me know if this helped,
Paul.