signature import or recognize automatically

Unfortunately the area of signatures is not handled as well as does Thunderbird.  I’m using Random Tagline Manager.  In Thunderbird new taglines are setup automatically when I change the active tagline in Random Tagline Manager.  In emclient, you are by comparison still in the stone age …  I’m using latest version of emclient.

Hi Dan, I’m not completely sure if I understand, is Random Tagline Manager a third party application?
Unfortunately eM Client does not support any add-ons, plugins etc.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

Oh, I didn’t know that.  Seems to me to be a major shortcoming.  Even a program like Thunderbird supports such things, why not you also ???

Oh, I didn’t know that.  Seems to me to be a major shortcoming.  Even Thunderbird supports such things, why not you also ???

Hi again Dan, we in eM Client believe that features can be much better when developed natively for the application, using a bunch of different add-ins in application can result in slow performance of the application, multiple new issue and bugs that can be caused by the add-ins.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Thanks for your reply.  It seems that em-client has been around for 8 years or so, isn’t it time to develop such things natively, as you say?  If not now, when?  Random Tagline Manager has been around for a long time also, it works perfectly with Thunderbird, so a layman asks, why reinvent the wheel?  If there were bugs in Random … they were fixed long ago as I used
Thunderbird for some years before going to em-client.

Hi Dan, thank you for your suggestion, this feature is currently not on our roadmap, maybe in future.

Thank you,
Paul.