shutdown bomb

hi

i’m imagine this has been reported before, but it didn’t come up in my search. 

eM does not shut itself down correctly, if i shutdown Windows without first manually shutting down eM. 

if i shut down windows 8 without first manually closing eM, and making SURE it’s closed by watching Windows Task Manager, then when i restart windows, eM always and consistently says it shut down incorrectly, and then spends 5 to 10 minutes scanning its database for corruption. 

Hi Johny, this may be caused by database corruption, if the application has been quit unexpectedly during a computer shutdown or restart, some of the database files might be corrupt, please try to run this database repair tool, http://www.emclient.com/tools/dbrepairrebuildall.exe and check if the issue persists, or let us know if the database repair tool comes up with any errors.

Thank you,
Paul

This appears to be the exact same database scan that runs every time eM crashes. 

Is is the same scan built into eM?

thx

Appears but it is not the same utility, otherwise I wouldn’t send it to you.

Please make sure to let the tool finish the database check and check for errors or if the issue re-occurs.

Thank you,
Paul

“check for errors or if the issue re-occurs.”

–Scan twice? You mean, if the tool does not fix it the first scan, it will fix it on the 2nd scan?

No, just let the utility run once. The dbrepairrebuildall.exe tool, and if the utility finished with errors this would mean there are corrupt data in your database that the utility is unable to restore. If all goes well, you should be either notified about no issues with the database or about the database tables that have been restored successfully.

If tables are restored and the utility does not seem to point out to a database issue, please check if the issue persists.

Paul

hi

I ran the tool with no reported errors. However, i did not see an “Everything’s OK” message when finished-- it just disappeared. Is that normal?

I have not had a chance to test if the crash on windows shutdown problem persists yet. 

However, eM crashed on Windows un-hibernate. I have seen this crash on unhibernate before. I clicked to “restart immediately and continue”, and i got this:

The built-in db scan did not happen after that, and eM did not launch. 

Then i manually restarted eM. Then it began the built-in db scan. 

Then i click “Cancel” on the db scan, and eM launched normally. 

Note, i _never _have any problems using eM. The only crashes happen on Windows shutdown or unhibernate, and _only _if i do not manually shutdown eM first. 

If i manually shutdown eM before hibernate or Windows shutdown, then eM launches no problem on windows restart.

thx

Hi, please submit the file referenced in the error to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic. However this warning is only displayed when the error report can’t be submitted to eM Client, when your computer is offline. Due to this the error is saved for further use.

Thank you,
Paul

Hi

File sent. 

thx