Show/Hide IMAP Folders

I like eM Client and would like to purchase it. The problem is that it can’t do a very basic function of many other desktop applications. You have no right to choose which folder to hide/show when you have IMAP! It’s very weird for a paid client.

Hello,

this is not possible in current version, but it will be implemented in 6th version scheduled to be released in mid to late autumn.

best regards
Jan

hello,
I want to do the same thing. My folder under imap (sfr) account aren’t view with emclient v6.
Is it normal ?
Think’s for help.

Hello, I’m not quite sure what you’re suggesting, are you missing some IMAP folders while synchronising your IMAP account with eM Client? Can you please check the exact release number in Help > About?

What mail service are you using with eM Client? Can you make a screenshot of the issue?

You can hide/show hidden folders that appear under the “More” tab below the rest of your imap folders by right clicking the folder and selecting it to either show or be hidden from the list. Or if you’re using gmail, you can select which IMAP folders should be synchronised under your online email account settings.

Regards,

This post, mine, ( alireza.nasibi ) is 2 years old! I suggest everyone not to waste your time. Who cares your requests! After two years, an employee replies he has no idea what we want!!!
Is that difficult to understand that people using imap need to unsubscribe some folders instead of hiding them?! Hiding means you don’t see them ( but the messages are synced!! ). Unsubscribing mean folders hide and no messages are synced in background. With “your” hiding options, gigs of messages are still downloaded if you have chosen offline messages!
Have any engineers of emclient ever used Outlook, TheBat ( I love this ) or Thunderbird?

Hello, I understand your post is outdated, unfortunately I wasn’t working here 2 years ago to answer it, but I’m sorry for my colleague who has failed to deliver the right answer as you’re suggesting.

As I was replying to Titeninie above, the show/hide option doesn’t hide the folder from IMAP synchronisation, unfortunately it is not possible to hide folders from IMAP directly from eM Client, but you should be able to hide your IMAP folders on the mail server settings as for example you can see in Gmail options.

Folder subscription is currently only available for Exchange accounts.

Best regards,