server says unauthorised-

I put in the wrong password to the email server by mistake-i got a window saying “server says unauthorised”. i put in the right password, but the window still came up. i uninstalled the program-still the same window when i re-installed it. but the account details were still there!
i even did a full system restore but the window still came up. the funny part is that the mail was downloaded anyway!
i cant get rid of that window-every time i do a send/receive it pops up. how do i cleanly uninstall emclient so that there is no trace on my computer of previous settings so that i can put the proper password in from the beginning?
it seems that no matter what, the original mistae stays behind. Outlook used to be like that, but later versions fixed that. once the mistake is made, that’s it your stuck with it!

Click on ‘Ignore all’ to clear the log. If the problem persist, you can clear all setting by deleting the database, no need to reinstall the program. Database is located in:
C:\Users%Current User%\AppData\Roaming\eM Client (Vista/Win7)
C:\Documents and Settings%Current User%\Application Data\eM Client (XP)

Thank you for your reply. I will do that. Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

You do not have to delete the whole database. Deleting the problematic account and creating it again would help too.

thanks for your advice

thank you four advice

thanks for your advice

I had this same issue, I think I figured it out. The Calendar Service in EmClient was enabled, but I don’t have a calendar set up in my e-mail (which is hosted by godaddy). I unchecked the checkbox in the Calendar setting that says “enable this service” and the error message mentioned above stopped popping up.

Hello,

Yes, this solution helps. EM Client shows connection errors when you try to use service with your account that is nor supported by server.

regards
Jan