Server found Authentication failed

I just signed up for eM Client on laptop. Trying to open account. It says server found but authentication failed. Made sure the password is correct by going to webmail. This has an automatic set-up and won’t allow me to get to the IMAP or POP3 for checking. HELP

One thing you can check is that you have the correct server details. Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts, and depending on which tabs you have (it will either be IMAP or POP3, not both), choose from the following port and security policy combinations:

SMTP
Port 587 = Force usage of SSL/TLS
Port 25 = Use SSL/TLS if available

IMAP
Port 993 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
Port 143 = Use SSL/TLS if available

POP3
Port 995 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
Port 110 = Use SSL/TLS if available

These are the correct combinations of port and security policy. The underlined ones are the best option for security if your server supports them, so try those first. SMTP port 465 was reassigned and should no longer be used for SMTP, though many mail providers still recommend and use it. If you want to use port 465, the security policy should be set to Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

I can not get to any of the SMTP, IMAP, POP3 stuff…it show an “automatic setup” and I can’t find where to get any of that???

Who is your email provider? Maybe I can give you some setup instructions.

rockisland.com     It shows my SMTP as 465 and POP3 995    I am happy to change to what you suggest above but I can’t find where I can do that. There is no place that shows the smtp & pop3…what am I doing wrong?

I can get to it all on my desktop but not my laptop

Is there some where to get out of “automatic setup” and do a manual setup?

Yes, instead of entering your email address in Automatic Setup, chose Mail > Other.

HAHA!!!  Got it!!! Worked perfect. Thanks so much for your help. I’m kinda a computer dunce