Sent messages from Phone do not show

Any messages received or sent from desktop show in their respective folders. Any messages sent from the phone to not show in my sent folder on eM Client. Is there a setting to make this happen?

Hi, after you send your emails from phone are they shown in sent folder on server?

Jan

Yes they do

Then in eM Client do you use POP3 or IMAP? And what email service provider?

Jan

I use SMTP and POP3, here is the settings my cable company and their internet, problem is I don’t see how to do that on your account set up screen so I have Pop3 filled in.

How to configure your e-mail software to access e-mail using IMAP

The following information will provide you with the software settings needed to configure/setup your e-mail software to access your PenTeleData e-mail via IMAP. It is strongly recommended to access your e-mail either by My PenTeleData Webmail or configuring your e-mail client to access your e-mail using an IMAP connection. Use of POP3 may result in messages remaining on the server instead of downloading to your e-mail software.

Server information:

IMAP (incoming/host name): promail.ptd.net
Port 143
SMTP (outgoing/host name): promail.ptd.net
Port 25 or 587
SMTP Authentication is required

POP3 will not synchronize Sent emails from other devices or webmail, you wil need to switch to IMAP protocol.

Jan

as you can see my emails are set up with IMAP, however the SENT folder is not sysncronising. your program gets the incoming mail from the inbox folder but does not get the sent mail from the sent folder. that is the setting I am wondering about. NO issues with inbound mail, just sent mail.

Is there a way to eliminate the POP setting once it is set up or do you need to reset up the account? Also, if i need to reset it, how do you do that without deleting all the messages already on your folders

I have read this in your pevious post:

“I use SMTP and POP3, here is the settings my cable company and their internet, problem is I don’t see how to do that on your account set up screen so I have POP3 filled in.”

You can set IMAP account when you use automatic setup or manual setup and you choose IMAP instead of POP3.

Jan

It is not possible, you have to remove and add again your account and it will remove all data. But you can synchronize them to the server or use File - Export… and then Import them again to new account.

Jan