sent mail shows wrong recipient

When I send an email to “Betty” it shows up in my sent mail as going to “Lola”

“What ever Lola wants, Lola gets”…sorry, had to do it.

The cause is most likely that you have an entry in your Contacts called Lola, who has the exact same email address.

Thank you again, Gary. But I just checked my em client contacts and there aren’t any duplicates.  I’m grateful for your help, though.  Debbie

Could you post a screenshot? Or, if you would prefer, you can send the sent email to me and I can have a look.

In eM Client right-click on the message and choose Forward as attachment. Send it to me gary.curtin@gmail.com

Hi Deborah.

Thank you for the email with screenshots. That is most helpful.

What you are seeing is the way in which the recipients of the emails are listed when viewed as conversations. In the case where there is a conversation between you, Lola and Betty. it will be indicated as To: me, Betty, Lola. But because the column width is narrow, it is only showing To: me, … Lola

In my screenshot below is a conversation between Bob, James and I. In the first view the column width is sufficient to display the full list of names. In the second one, it appears only between Bob and James. You will notice the three little dots - they indicate that there are more members of that conversation.

You can disable or change the settings in Menu > View > Conversations, there are three option, so try each one and see the difference.

One thing you can do is drag the right hand margin of the message list to make the columns wider. If you go over 600 pixels it will change the view to single line. That can be changed in Menu > Tools > Settings > Mail > Read > Message List.