Sending from alias address is broken -- omits display name

Sending email from alias addresses is broken – eM Client populates the From header only with the alias address and omits the display name. This is in eM Client 6.0.21015.0 in Windows 7 Home Premium x64.
Steps to reproduce:

1. Create an email account.

2. Go to Tools > Accounts and select the account in question.

3. Assume that the User Information > Name field is populated with “John Doe”.

4. Click Aliases.

5. Add an alias address, say “[email protected]”.

6. Exit out of the dialogs until back at the main email UI.

7. Click New.

8. Select the alias address in the From dropdown.

9. Finish composing the message and send.

10. So that no one participating in this thread gets confused, or attempts to cause confusion to obscure the fact that this is broken, find the message in the Sent folder and view the headers to inspect the value of the From header. It’s totally irrelevant what specific sending or receiving mail servers are involved in any specific instance.

Expected result:

Message contains the following header (or equivalent), resulting in “John Doe” being displayed as the sender in the recipient’s email client:

Actual result:

Message contains the following header, resulting in “[email protected]” being displayed as the sender in the recipient’s email client:

Hi,
what mail service are you using, are possibly using a Gmail address? Gmail allows you to setup different display names for your aliases, thus when the message is sent through your alias the display name can be changed on the server based on your gmail account settings. However we’re currently working on improving this feature for future releases to improve the user experience.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Paul, you’ve gotta be kidding me. Your responses to reports of this issue are bullshit. I already KNEW you were going to try to obscure the problem when I posted this, so I posted detailed instructions for reproducing it, and in step #10 I already anticipated that you would try to create confusion about the source of the problem by asking about the mail servers. So please spare me stupid questions that attempt to confuse the issue when I’ve already debunked it in my original post.

what mail service are you using, are possibly using a Gmail address?

Totally and completely irrelevant. Follow the steps to reproduce and in step #10 the problem is observed in the output generated by eM Client.

Gmail allows you to setup different display names for your aliases, thus when the message is sent through your alias the display name can be changed on the server based on your gmail account settings. However we’re currently working on improving this feature for future releases to improve the user experience.

This has nothing WHATSOEVER to do with gmail. Stop trying to blame it on gmail. Maybe there’s a separate issue with gmail, but this issue has nothing to do with it.

Hope this helps,

It doesn’t. Is there anyone there who gives a damn about hearing these reports and fixing problems?

Hello,
just as I noted under your many other posts here on the forum, I have tried again to replicate this issue, and I was successful in reproducing it. I already stated there are some improvements planned for future releases. We of course value your report and I can assure you we’re giving it proper attention.

However I do not understand where does the hostility come from. I have just asked you a few simple questions in order to replicate the issue properly.

Also please note that there are many servers where aliases are displaying the setup user information and this issue is certainly not connected to all accounts.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.