Send setting on immediately will not send immediately once pressed send button

On the send settings, I have marked it

• Send immediately
    Because as soon as the mail is sent, I want it to leave the client to cyberspace

And I have unchecked the box “enable undo send”.

When I press send once, there is still always a couple of seconds delay. So normally I press two times to be sure that my mail has “left the building” on time.

I suspect there is a general delay and that the undo send function and the send immediately function are not programmed accordingly, this is why I always get a delay. Send immediately is important when you have online discussions, then the recipient should not have to wait for the mail.

What are the other members results from this? If there is an established delay, can this be fixed in the next update?

domingo 26 febrero 2023 :: 1532hrs (UTC +0100)

The delay is probably caused by your OS & Internet connection.
After you made and changed the settings, did you remember to “Save & Close”?

skybat

¡Saludos desde Valencia la soleada en España!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

Yes, both apply as well as save and closed.
I have windows 11 professional and high speed fiber connection.

I found another contribution by Gary, IMAP and Exchange apparently send immediately. I have imap and exchange on all my connections! And I am pretty sure it does not send immediately but with delay.

I have changed the sychronizing of the software and reduced the time. But, upon send, there should be no delay and it does in connection with syncronization of the software. I currently still press 2 times when I send mails, and I only want to press one time when I do not want to wait for the software to send.
When you write 50-100 mails per day, those kind of things become an issue.

You should only need to click on Send once. Have you tried a different mouse or mouse driver?

domingo 26 febrero 2023 :: 2141hrs (UTC +0100)

I do not use Exchange so can not check and as @Gary says maybe there is a mouse issue, it could be worth checking, particularly if you are using a Bluetooth mouse.
I also run Win 11 Pro on a very high spec Laptop with Intel EVO at 4.70 GHz and 64 Gb DDr5 RAM with 1Gb fibre connection - my send is instant as is download - I believe that sync with Exchange is 60 secs but I guess from what you say you have addressed this.
There is also the known issue that if you are using a USB Hub unless it is a “PD Pass-Through” for instance (Belkin AVC008btSGY) you can have connection delays & failures with Win 11 Laptops.
Do you have many apps running that could be affecting your PC performance?

Other than this I am sorry I can not offer any suggestions.

skybat

¡Saludos desde Valencia la soleada en España!

[email protected]

Hablo español, luego portugués e inglés, con conocimiento de varios otros idiomas.

1 Like