Send>Link by email greyed-out

How do I configure IE in WIN 8 so that File>Send>Link by Email functions. It is currently greyed out. I have set Control Panel>Programs>Set Your Default Programs so that eM is default for “MailTo” and “send Mail” but that didn’t correct the problem.

Hello,

please In IE / TOOLS/INTERNET OPTIONS/ADVANCED and Hit the RESET button.
This returns IE to it’s original state!

and then go to TOOLS /INTERNET OPTIONS /PROGRAMS Tab /INTERNET PROGRAMS /SET PROGRAMS /SET PROGRAM ACCESS AND COMPUTER DEFAULTS / CUSTOM /CHOOSE A DEFAULT EMAIL PROGRAM / and select your email program there. Make sure “Enable access to this program” is checked.

does this helps?

regards
Jan

No, this did not help. “Send>Link by email” is still greyed-out. All that was accomplished was that I had to spend time re-re-setting my EI personalizations.

It may be relevant that I was using Windows live mail before installing eM Client. While I have uninstalled all Live Mail, perhaps there is something still in the registry that is responsible for the problem.

Hello,

If for example Word or Adobe Reader etc. recognize eM Client then it is bug on IE’s side, try reinstalling live mail but I am afraid that with this problem you need to contact MS support.

regards
Jan