selecting correct email in Contact list

many of my contacts have more than one email. How am I able to select the one I want.  Right now, when I go into Contacts, it only shows me the Primary.

i figured it out!  i can select which is Primary contact and this will display.  However, it would be helpful to have all emails shown so you can select appropriately.

Hi Millie, if you want to display more of the contact’s emails use the custom view and select which columns will be displayed in the view.
Right click the current columns and select “Columns configuration”, configure the columns you want to be displayed, and confirm.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

thank you Paul. I will try this and let you know.  Appreciate the clarification!

No problem, let us know if you come across any other issues or questions, we’ll be happy to help.

Thank you,
Paul.

this didn’t seem to work.  what i am trying to do; when i see the business card view, I would like to see all the emails available.  this way, when I go into Contacts, i can select the email I want to use. Right now, only the Primary is shown to me to select.  this also means I have to go through all my Contacts and highlight the Primary email.

It can not be displayed in the business card view, as I explained earlier for more information about the contacts you have to use the custom view, business cards view can only display a certain amount of information otherwise the business cards would have to have a different size etc.

Thank you for understanding,
Paul.

ok, thanks.  i can see them in Custom View already.

No problem, glad I could help.

Thank you,
Paul.

I am able to see all emails in the Custom view for any contact  but not able to select anything except main primary Email. Please help me to add Email 2 or 3 to the list

Hello Vít, I’m not quite sure what you’re suggesting, what do you mean by selecting anything else than primary mail, would you like to display secondary addresses in the list view? To do so, right click the columns in the list view and select “Columns configuration” to add other field into available columns, e.g. Email 2, 3, etc.

Hope this helps,

Dear Paul, I did try to explain that I am able to add columns with  email2 and email 3 to Select Contact but not able to add email 2 and email 3 to the address list just primary Email. See attached picture and advise

Sorry, I though we were talking about displaying the email in Contacts view, unfortunately it is not possible to use Secondary email address in the “Select Contact” window, the primary mail will always be selected here.
If you however start typing the name of your contact into the To field directly while composing new message (without using this window), all available emails should be displayed by the auto-complete feature allowing you to select the secondary mail.

We’ve came across this issue quite recently and we’re working on an improvement to future releases.

Hope this helps,