second account on the free version?

i have em client on my home computer. then i installed it on my office computer. i was using teh trial version. now the trial has ended and . how do i still keep my account in my office computer? I read somewhere the free version allows 2 accounts?

Hello Suzanne,

Thank you for the question. What is meant by ‘2 accounts’ and the Free license is that you can set up two e-mail addresses in the Free version of eM Client. Otherwise, the eM Client licenses are set to work for one device only and you can have one license per address (for free users).
Also, please be aware that if you use eM Client in the office environment, this is considered to be ‘commercial use’ for which you would need to get the Pro license http://www.emclient.com/purchase

Regards,
Maurice

I had the same question except that neither of my computers is a business computer.  I use a desktop at home and a laptop when I travel (non-business, I’m retired) especially to a second home during the summer.  I don’t see that the Pro version specifies this distinction and I don’t want to be fooled twice.  Where does it say that the Pro version will work on multiple devices?  Thanks.
Kenneth B.

thanks Maurice, at least i understand now! I am semi retired, so i just used the term office computer loosely. 

Hello Kenneth,

All of eM Client’s licenses (both Free and Pro) work on one device only. The distinction that is sometimes confusing is that you can use multiple ‘accounts’ in the Pro version, which refers to the fact that you can set up more than 2 e-mail accounts. Does this answer your question?

Regards,
Maurice

Yes, Maurice, it does answer my question.  Thank you.  Unfortunately, it makes emclient not so attractive to me.  I’ll have to weigh my options.  Thanks again.
Kenneth

Hello Kenneth,

We’re sorry if our license policy doesn’t work for you. We do however offer significant discounts for buying more than 1 license, you can see the price calculator at www.emclient.com/purchase

Regards,
Maurice

yes, i agree with kenneth. it also makes emclient not so attractive.

suzanne

How do I go about adding a second email address to me free version?

Hello Robert,

Do you wish to set up a second account in eM Client on one computer or are you asking about how to use eM Client on two devices?

Regards,
Maurice

I want to add a gmail address to the device which is using a comcast.net address.  I do not want the comcast.net address on the gmail address  device.  I’m not sure what is meant by “account”.

Hello Robert,

Thank you for specifying. To add a gmail address (=your Gmail account), please go to Menu -> Tools -> Accounts, click on the + symbol in the lower left corner and fill in your address and password.

Regards,
Maurice

Thank you.

yes, i agree with kenneth too. it makes emclient not so attractive to me.

Biggest reason I haven’t purchased it. If it could be loaded onto 2 devices without needing 2 licenses I’m in. Love the interface and features but having a laptop I travel with and a desktop at home doesn’t make it possible.

I’m new, just downloaded, I can’t find how to add an account, I tried replying to the welcome message, but the “From” says No Account.  It says the welcome was sent to [email protected] ??

Open eM Client and press F1 for help.

In the Table of Contents, choose Accounts > Create New Account. That should give you a walk-through of setting up your account.

Hope that helps.