Search does not return expected results

I use emClient with my work email that is tied to a Google Apps account. The sync works fine and everything hasn’t been an issue, however the searching is really lacking. I tried searching for a term I new existed in a previous email I received about a month ago and nothing was returned. I made sure I was searching in ALL mailboxes and the term was being searched on the body, subject, from, recipients, etc.

I then used the same term in the regular gmail interface and I received the expected results.

I’m not sure if there is a setting to make this more robust I am missing or what. Please let me know!

Thank you!

Make sure that you have the option to download for offline use checked – menu/tools/accounts/imap.  By default, emclient only downloads headers and searching the message body will not function properly.  Depending on your connection speed and number of messages, the initial download could take some time.

Thank you! I just started the download of messages and will see how that plays out.