Search and selected emails cannot be moved to new folder

Emails found by Search and then identified by select or select all, cannot be moved to a new folder with the dropdown choice of Move to Folder. However, if email is selected from the inbox directly, move works correctly. This was experienced with the free license and now with the individual pro license. This function is essential for the efficient use of search. How to resolve.

Could then be eM Client has maybe not been programmed to move messages via the search option and only in the folders / labels directly. Might need to be a “Feature Request”.

What error do you get when you try ? and what type of accounts are these eg: Pop, Imap, etc.

A clarification is in order. The searched and selected files actually appear in the destination folder, but they are not removed from the inbox list of emails as they are when selected and moved from the inbox directly. I am running windows 10 and the latest version of emClient. The email source is gmail. Appreciate your info. I want to search emails and select them so that they can be moved to a new specified folder with a consequent reduction in the email content of the inbox. Its the last part that is not accomplished and a necessary part of email management.

A clarification is in order. The searched and selected files actually appear in the destination folder, but they are not removed from the inbox list of emails as they are when selected and moved from the inbox directly.

Ok I will test that later with my Gmail account.

I tested using eM Client V9.2.1222 and searching for emails via the “custom folder selection” in the dropdown using my Gmail account Inbox" as the search / selection folder, and was then “able to move those found emails to any other folders” where “the Inbox tag “definately got removed” after moving them”. Those moved emails are now no longer in the Gmail Inbox.

Thanks. By trying to follow you instructions the moved emails have been removed from the inbox. I think the key was to have the “custom folder selection” box checked. Thanks again. Paul

1 Like

Is there a way of listing the TOTAL number of emails in a folder or a selection, in addition to, or rather than the number of unread emails? Thanks in advance

Is there a way of listing the TOTAL number of emails in a folder or a selection, in addition to, or rather than the number of unread emails?

At the very top of eM Client it will show you the “Total of unread and read” in any account folder. eg: below i have clicked in my Gmail Inbox and it shows 12,838 Read and 1 Unread message.

If you just want to see the “Unread” you can enable via “Menu / Settings / General” to show the “Favorites” folder which will then show the unread messages from All accounts at the top left.

(eM Client for Windows Favorites folders example)

Thanks again for your help!