Scrollbar sides very thin

How to widen side scroll bars without having to be a software expert. Thanks

[email protected]

Use a different theme like Classic.

You will find the theme settings in Menu > Tools > Settings > Appearance > Themes.

Thank you. So simple although not so keen on the Classic colour scheme. Bit wishy washy. Pity there is no simple way to expand the scroll bars on the other themes.

There is.

Export your favorite theme. Edit the line that contains UseSystemScrollbar to True. Import the edited file.

1 Like

Thanks. I donā€™t seem to have an export option and how to delete unwanted themes.

Is there any way of ā€œbunching upā€ the inbox messages so that more are visible (like the WLM inbox) ?

In the Themes section of your settings, click on Advanced > Save current theme as . . .

You can have a single line list instead of the default compact layout. To do that, increase the width of the message list frame by dragging the right border towards the right. As soon as it passes 600 pixels, the list will change to a single line layout. You can also change those settings in Menu > Tools > Settings > Mail > Read > Message List.

Wonderful. Thanks again for your help. Now how do I delete the imported themes I messed up and which show as 0 and 2 and 3 on the themes list!

If you are part of the eM team I suggest it would be helpful to have an index on the 430 page guide. Difficult to find anything.

Close eM Client and open Windows Explorer. You may have to enable hidden items to get there, but you will find them in C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\eM Client\Themes\

Thanks for the tip Gary, Iā€™ve always disliked thin scroll bars but assumed they were set in stone.
I now have the dark theme with sensible scroll bars

Paul

1 Like

Gary, you are a mine of information . Can you advise what to do, if anything, about this message which comes up frequently. What does it mean ? Should I be concerned or should I just ignore/delete? Everything else seems to be working fine including the side bar width which I have now sorted. Many thanks.

09:25:56 MailClient.Storage.Application.OperationException: Uploading item(s) to folder ā€˜[email protected]/Contacts/ā€™ failed due to the following error: Execution of request failed: https://www.google.com/m8/feeds/contacts/default/full (Invalid XML Document.)

If you are not using the latest version 7 (or version 8 beta if you are testing it) that is listed in the Release History, can you download it, install, and see if the issue is still there.

Hi Gary, I am using version 7.2 so think I am up to date. But Iā€™m no techie so may well have done something wrong in the initial set up/move from WLM. If the message is not causing any trouble in operating the program, maybe best just to let this sleeping dog lie.

I initially replied via email but unsure of the (reply) connection between email and forum.
Where are you based Gary. The USA ?