Saving

Hi All. When I save a mail from eM to say my desktop it saves as an eml file but with Thunderbirds icon. Is this simply because I imported settings from Thunderbird when setting up eM or because Thunderbird is still installed. Can I do something to display an eM icon instead.

hitbit

It seems that eM Client is not set as standard in Windows registry. What happens, when you double-click on the icon? I would guess, the eml file is opened in Thunderbird.
In my experience it is not enough to set eM Client as standard app in Windows settings. You have to tweak the registry manually. Open the registry editor (or whatever it is called in English - I only have the German version) and open HKEY_CURRENT_USER > SOFTWARE >  CLIENTS, double click on STANDARD and manually enter eM Client (overwrite Thunderbird).
Next open HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE >  CLIENTS, double click on STANDARD and manually enter eM Client (overwrite Thunderbird).
Re-start your PC. Now the icons should be correct.

Thanks for the info. Before going at the registry I simply right clicked one of the saved files with the Thunderbird icon selected properties  and changed the save as dialogue from ThunderBird to
eM Client. This had the effect of changing all such files.

hitbit

Yes, but what happens, when you right-click on a file and select “send”? Which app opens?
I just recently had to reset the registry entries, because always the chosen app was Outlook (which resides on my PC as part of Office 365 and can’t be uninstalled separately).

what system are these registry paths, win7, win8 or win10?

WIN 10

You are perfectly correct. If I go to send, mail recipient Outlook opens. I imagine this would have occurred with Thunderbird as well.