Saved attachment size is 0kb for mails moved to another folder through a rule

I’m using eM client v6.0.21372.0 with my Exchange account.

I have set some rules to move specific emails to specific folders. All other mails, which are not matching any rules, are left in the Inbox.

For any attachment on any mail that has been moved to another folder upon arrival, if I click on “save”, the attachment file size is 0kb. I checked the attachment in OWA and the file is saved correctly.

If I execute “repair” on the folder, the attachment can be saved correctly, but any new mails that arrived after the “repair” process show the same behaviour: saved attachment file size is 0kb

Could you please help me find a solution? Regards, Ariel.

Hi Ariel, what version of Exchange are you using on your mail server? I was unfortunately unable to reproduce this issue, are you seeing any errors while synchronizing your account?

Regards,
Paul

Exchange 2007. No errors during synchronization. Options “download message for offline use” and “include attachments and images” are both checked.

Can you please navigate to Tools > Settings > Advanced and enable Exchange Web Services logging for the problematic account?

1. Save the settings
  2. Restart the application
  3. Reproduce the issue
    When the issue reoccurs, please go back to the advanced settings window and submit the logs to my email, [email protected] with a reference link to this forum topic.

During the logging also please perform the repair feature on folder, to download the attachments.

Thank you,
Paul

I tried to submit logs, but the logs folder is empty even though I enabled EWS logging for the account and restarted eM client

I sent the logs, they are quite big, hope you get the email.

I sent the logs, they are quite big, hope you get the email.

Hi Ariel, thank you for reporting this issue and for the received data, I’ve submitted the data to the developers for more information about the issue, I hope we’ll be able to find a solution for the problem as soon as possible.

Please make sure to keep the application up-to-date, I’ll check back with you if there’s a workaround for the issue available.

Thank you,
Paul

Thank you Paul. I hope you are able to find a solution since I really like eM Client and would like to keep using it, but unfortunately, if the issue persists, I don’t see how could I manage to still use eM client. Regards, Ariel.

Hi again Ariel, I’ve received a notification from one of our developers that some changes were made to the feature, hopefully the issue should be fixed with an upcoming update.

Thank you,
Paul

Let’s wait then :wink: