Rules not updating name and breaks if folder is renamed

When you create a Rule, eM Client 7.0.27943.0 automatically names it with “from” field. But if you update the rule, it does not update the name, it can confuse the user, thinking that the rule was not updated. 
If you rename a Local folder related to a Rule, the Rule breaks (it erases the “Move to” part of the rule).

Hello Eduardo,

Thank you for your feedback.

When it comes to naming the rules, a name is automatically generated upon rule creation in order for a rule to have a name. If you change the content of the rule, it indeed doesn’t change the name that was generated upon creation. We’d recommend naming the rule manually if the specifics could lead to confusion.

As for renaming the Local folders, that is expected behavior, the rules don’t reflect changes in their names.

We’re sorry if these features don’t work to your satisfaction.

Regards,
Maurice

Hello Maurice,

Thanks for responding my post.

About the rules: I didn’t know I could rename then. I will try it. Not a big issue.

But I think that when you rename the folder, it should update the rule. I know that Windows Mail have the same behavior (when you rename a folder, it break the rules related to then), but it is a regret. Maybe if the rules internally use an ID to identify the folders, showing a friendly name to the user, would be enough to not break it when you rename a folder. It is just a suggestion. When you have a lot of folders, and a lot of rules, it can be a probleam.

Hello Eduardo,

Thank you for the suggestion. We understand how this would come in handy for somebody with a complex folder and rules structure, it was however decided to approach the rule behavior from this perspective so users can’t forget what rules they set up, as this often leads to them feeling as though they “lost e-mails”. We’re sorry that this behavior doesn’t fit your need.

Regards,
Maurice