Rules don't synchronize auto but need to launch manually

Hi, I have created some rules to move some emails to a specific folder. When I receive the email nothing happens, I mean, the email stays in the Inbox folder. On the other hand if I go to Rules and I click on Execute it works (the email moves to the correct folder)

It’s a bug ? I missed something ?

Thanks for your help,
Steven

What version of eMC are you using?
I don’t see “Execute” when I click on “Rules”.
Can you display a screenshot of the rule?

Hi,
I use the version 9.2.2157.0

here a screenshot

Oh… a language other than English.

Perhaps someone else will step in to help.

Oh… a language other than English. :rofl:

Here I communicate in EN and translate my questions to EN. Executer FR and execute in EN, there is not much difference, right? But don’t worry I’ll wait for someone else to help.

My response has to do with the screenshot, not your communications.

@solitaire2511

We would need you to open the Rules “that are not automatically running” to see how you have set them up.

@sunriseal translated the screenshot to English.

Hi cyberzork,
for example, the last (2ememain.be) as you see, when I receive a émail with domain “@2dehands.be” with account s.***** move to specific folder.

It’s work perfectly if I put manually to “Run” and no automatically when i receive the émail ???

Best,
Steven

Ok so from what I can tell your rule as per screenshot below “if the translation is correct”, is saying when email received from @mail.2dehands.be move to folder 2emain

Now if you are trying to automatically move all inbox email from the domain @2dehands.be to the folder 2emain, then you would just normally have the rule from address as @2dehands.be and “remove the mail. in front”.

As mail.2dehands.be would normally be for a mail server address in an email account setup.

Hi, just to be sure, I remove “@ mail” and let just “2dehands.be” ?
And about domain ? I choice To End By in place ?

Thanks

Just to be clear about “mail” all de message of 2dehands is like that:
[email protected] but of course the number before is different every time…

Nothing work !
I have a question, do the rules work in the spam folder ?
When it’s in the “inbox” folder the rules works but when it’s in spam (incoming server online in this folder), no :cry:

Hi, just to be sure, I remove “@ mail” and let just “2dehands.be” ?

You still need the @ in front of 2dehands.be” Just shouldn’t normally have mail. as well. So “the from address in your rule” should be @2dehands.be

As I mentioned before, that should then automatically move all inbox email from the domain @2dehands.be to the folder 2emain if that is what you are wanting to do in the rule.

When it’s in the “inbox” folder the rules works but when it’s in spam (incoming server online in this folder), no :cry:

Rules are only designed to work for the Inbox and not for the spam folder.

If you are getting real emails going directly in the eM Client spam folder, then you would go online to your spam folder, and “mark those real emails as Not Spam”. Your online mailbox will then learn for future to keep those emails in your inbox.

IF the emails are landing in the Inbox and NOT in the spam folder (@cyberzork addressed that), you may want to try dealing with them via the header information, which is how I deal with ALL rules I create. The following is an example I threw together to show how this works in your case. I left the “move to” folder choice up to you, and further suggest you move the new rule to the TOP of your rule list.

1 Like

@cyberzork

If you are getting real emails going directly in the eM Client spam folder, then you would go online to your spam folder, and “mark those real emails as Not Spam”. Your online mailbox will then learn for future to keep those emails in your inbox.

Unfortunately I don’t have this possibility to block a domain online (it’s a paying option → yahoo Premium)

Rules are only designed to work for the Inbox and not for the spam folder.

Maybe for the next update it would be good to had an option in order to use in spam folder (like a checkbox) when you make a rule.

@sunriseal
thanks for your advices, I take note of it for the future :blush: