Rules are not running in order as shown in the rules setup.

I have several rules attached to my primary email account inbox.  For some reason the catchall rule i have for my domain, i.e. ‘@hotmail.com’ for example, is firing and moving to it’s folder prior to a more specific rule, i.e. ‘[email protected]’, even though the specific rule is higher in the rule list than the generic domain rule.  Shouldn’t they fire in the order they are on the list?  I’m just asking because the rule list does have move up and move down buttons and I am assuming that means move them up and down in the rule chain.

Also, several of the rules were imported from Thunderbird.  

Another problem is when editing the signatures or Templates and you mark and area of text and change the font, it does not change.  I had to go through several hoops to get it all in the correct font.

Hi Jeff,
the rules should definitely be executed in the given order (from top to bottom).
Could you please go to Tools > Settings > Advanced and turn on Rules logging? Restart the application and simulate the issue again (a rule being executed before it should) and then go back to advanced settings, click Send logs.
Change the recipient to [email protected] and add a link to this forum topic in the body of the message.

As for the text editing issue, can I ask if this signature/template was copied from a different program perhaps?

Regards,
Olivia

The text editing issue was copied and pasted in.  The only way for me to change the fonts, etc, was to completely remove all formatting and reformat it.  It should just be a simple matter of marking, making the changes, and resaving it. 

I will send you the client rules log as soon as I get a test situation with logging on.

Hi Jeff,
that’s exactly how the signature and template editing should work and it does, I’m just asking if, before editing the signature/template, you made the ‘original’ in a different text editor and copied it into eM Client. We had issues like this previously when the Signature was copied for example from Office Word and the formatting from the original program ‘blocked’ it from any changes in other applications. Is this your issue or does this problem happen even with a signature made inside eM Client?

Regards,
Olivia

Well then that’s the situation.  I copied it from Thunderbird with formatting and that ended up blocking any changes I tried to make.

Did you get my email with the rule logs?

Unfortunately I sent it from my work address, not my address as referenced on here.

From an earlier thread ( https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/what-is-the-order-of-operation-of-the-rules-list-top-down… )

Hi John, what do you mean by the order. Rules do not have an order in which they’d be processed. If a message is received and multiple rules can match the criteria to this message, both rules will be applied. Hope this helps, Paul. Techical Support

and another ( https://forum.emclient.com/emclient/topics/modifying-the-order-of-the-rules-list )

Hi John, rules are not assigned a sorting order, it doesn’t really matter if the rule is on the top of the list or at the bottom. - Paul - Technical Support

From this thread:

Hi Jeff,
the rules should definitely be executed in the given order (from top to bottom).

Which of these statements is true?

Hi Jeff,
I replied to your email before and it seems you haven’t received the reply.
The rules log came empty, have any of the rules really been applied before you sent it? You can let the logging run longer if you need to.
Please try to do so and send the logs again.

Regards,
Olivia

Hi Harry,
the other statements are from topics from year ago and our developers assured me that the rules should be applied from top to bottom, so that’s what my reply was based upon.

Regards,
Olivia

I removed the rule and worked around it, so I don’t have the rules to run for logs anymore.  I did receive the reply but I’ve had lots of stuff going on right now.  Thanks for your attempt at help.