I am sure that this has been asked previously but I could not find the answer based on forum and internet searches.
I recently suffered a system failure on a Windows PC and have my old hard drive. I have reinstalled EM Client on a new machine but wanted to know which Folders and/or Files I need to copy across from Users/AppData/Roaming/eMClient (from the old drive) in order that I restore my emails, folders and enables correct operation? Is it all or them or a selection?
The whole folder and all its contents, and eM Client needs to be closed for you to do that.
Installed eM Client and copied all files over. I have my Inbox emails but local folders are missing?
MISSING FOLDERS SOLVED - I found an old post from Dave_Frost (Feb’19) and followed these instructions and the folders reappeared!
- Got to Menu, Tools, Settings, under General look for Storage. Note the location of our data files.
- Close EM
- Go to the folder location in #1
- Rename your EM Client (e.x: “EM Client old”)
- Open EM. Do not add an email just cancel.
- Close EM
- Go to folder location in #1 above
- In a separate window, open the file location of your saved Local Folders
- Copy the saved files to your new “EM Client” “Local Folders” folder
- Start EM and add your email address(es)