Restore and export, delete account, and after that import to a new POP3 account and still get old server info

I am about to go nuts! Everytime I do a restore, its giving me my old server settings.   After putting in my gmail settings, you goto “fix” and it finds my old server settings even though I have edited with gmail.  

Any solutions??

Yes, Restore will replace everything in the database with the backup you have selected. That includes content such as messages, events, contacts and tasks as well as all settings like account preferences, templates, Rules etc.

So if you had an account setup in a specific way and that was backed up, the restore will restore that.

I understand. I just wish there was a way to edit the pop3/imap settings 

Yes you can edit them. Go to Menu > Tools > Accounts and then click on either the POP3/IMAP or SMTP tabs.

Be aware that the port and security policy are a specific pair, and will not work with any combination. In unusual circumstances, like where a server is not correctly configured, or purposely misconfigured, other combinations may work, but the following are usually a safe bet:

SMTP
Port 587 = Force usage of SSL/TLS
Port 25 = Use SSL/TLS if available
Port 465 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)

IMAP
Port 993 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
Port 143 = Use SSL/TLS if available

POP3
Port 995 = Use SSL/TLS on special port (legacy)
Port 110 = Use SSL/TLS if available