As the title say, I’d really love a new developed setting which can let you set a category on recieved and sended emails based on the category of your contact.
100 Contacts in _Friends _category.
_Fun _category created on email categories.
Wants: when i send o recieve an email from a contact with the _Friends _category, automatically set the email category as Fun
Problem “solved” creating two rules (hack):
- set category _Fun _when recieving an email from one of the selected contacts - select all contacts under _Friends _category - update the rule every time I add a new contact
- do the same for sended emails.
- create a _Match Category (Links) _option;
- in this option you can pick the email categories you want to link with another tool category (in this case Contacts tool)
- this option will automatically works as a rule which say: "when recieving or sending an email from contacts or with cc contacts listed on a category linked to an email category; automatically set the email the linked category;
- _example: _a contact listed in Business category, send an email that will be categorized under _Job _categories
This will solve the “rule hack”, which is really uncomfortable when you have to update every day your rules or add new rules for new cateories.
I already have a design in my mind…
I hope you will read this and answer.
I’m not a programmer but I’m sure something similar can be done and will be really useful!