Reply/ Forward original message not includes

I am using EM Client for quite some time. Previously when I forward/ or reply a mail all previous mail was forwarded also down under. After one update now only current message is forwarded or replied. need fix…

Hi, both Reply/forward as original includes whole conversation for me, do you experience this issue in latest version?

Jan

I am using version 6.0.20154.0 the latest version and i am also facing the same problem of only the latest email getting forwarded

Hi Hari, can you please make a screenshot of this issue?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul, please provide me your email so that i can mail the issue to you regards Hari

Hi again, you can post the screenshots here on the forum, just click on the camera button while replying. Or send it to [email protected].

Thank you,
Paul.

I am also experiencing a similar problem. For example, I compose a new email and send. Recipient responds with my original email showing at the bottom of the reply. I then respond to that email, recipient only receives my latest response, not my original email or their reply. I’m hoping there is a solution for this now, please let me know if you need any more information.

I am running EM Client 6.0.22344.0 on Windows 7.

Thanks in advance. 

Hello John, not quite sure what you’re referring to, unfortunately I’m unable to replicate this issue, are you replying to emails using the “Reply” button, reply option should automatically include the rest of the previous content (if it was visible in the received message), or at least the message you’re replying to automatically. Can you make a screenshot of the issue and submit it to us here on the forum?

Also try to update your eM Client to this release and check if the issue persists, 6.0.22774.0 .

Thank you,

Hi Paul, I have updated to the latest version and the problem still exists. Perhaps I can explain my problem better:

I compose an email and send.
I receive a response from the original recipient, all is good.
I reply, all seems good on my end.
Recipient receives my latest reply but nothing more, the original email string is gone.

I can’t send a screenshot of this because there is nothing to capture. Here is screenshot of my Replies/Forwards settings, perhaps you can spot something there:

I have this exact same problem and all my settings are also as above. Any suggested fix on this yet, it is very frustrating!

I discovered my problem was caused by my signature. I had copied and pasted formatted text from another email program and inserted an image into my signature. The text formatting and image somehow messed up the formatting of my emails, more specifically my “replies”. 

To fix, I created a new signature from scratch and did the text formatting within eM Client. I didn’t bother putting the image back in, and ever since, no problems. I still have yet to try adding the image back. Hope this helps!