Removing HTML scories from replies in text

Hello

When TEXT is your default for sending emails and you reply to an HTML message, all the images of the html are included (by default) as “attachement”. Of course, it is possible to remove these files from your message (just pressing del) but is it useful to send back to the sender the images of the html message as attachements… ? I think it is better to remove these files.

Regards, Laurent

Hello,

This function is somewhat implemented already.

go to tools - settings - mail - compose and there are two list boxes called “New mail format as” and “Mail format for reply”.

that second option is what you are looking for.

regards
Jan

HI

I know this option but this option does not solve the problem…

I ALWAYS (or most of the time) reply using TEXT format. This is because, most of the time HTML formatting is useless and takes disk space and takes bandwidth for nothing : I don’t need to waste space or bandwidth with big pictures of pencils or cats or dogs or background (*)… So I don’t wish to use HTML for replies even if the initial format is HTML except in the rare case where HTML is absolutely required to explain the text. So, the “use mail format for reply” is not for me.

(*) I agree, I I’m a little rough and not very poetic !..

When you reply using TEXT format to an HTML message in TB, Outlook (and even webmails)… they “break” the HTML code into text and remove all the useless stuff…

eMClient does break the HTML code into TEXT format but keeps the useless images as attachement by default. This is something to improve (imo). You only need to NOT incude these images as attachement (no need to send back the useless background of his html message to the sender…).

However, what I like in emclient is the ability to switch from HTML to TEXT (or vice versa) from the editing window. I don’t find this feature in other emailer. From TB, you must press MAJ before hitting the reply button in order to reverse the format.

Regards, Laurent

Hello,

I have new information, if you want to reply/forward and have original message deleted automatically then it is already implemented in 6th version of eM Client which is scheduled to be released in few weeks

regards
Jan

HI

Thank you for all… but I am difficult, I want to keep the TEXT (not to delete all…) but remove all images what does all emailers (to my knowledge) when you reply in text to html messsages. Regards, Laurent

Hello,

Well then I will keep it under “under consideration” but most likely this will not be implemented in close future.

regards
Jan

Hello

Thank you for this consideration and… for this nice email client. Very easy and clear to read + reliable after all my intensive tests.

Laurent

Hello,

we try to focus on as much useful features as we can, but sometimes it is hard to do them because some could cause more harm than good and some are requested by more people than another.
Anyway I am happy for your patience with us.

best regards
Jan

I would just like to bump this up. Maybe we could get a collected thread? It is part of the same family as the difficult text display of HTML mails. I hope the parser in EM Client 7 handles HTML better.