"Reminders" being created from spam emails

After many months of untroubled use, I have recently had a problem crop up that I hope someone can advise me on solving.
The client is creating a pop-up from obvious spam solicitations and sending them to my desktop as ‘reminders’.  These emails are obviously bot-generated and cannot even be found when using the search function on my inbox (ie they are already filtered by gmail and not being downloaded).  The content that comes up when I actually click the reminder reads something to the effect of “I’m bored and I want to meet up with you today! please click my link and give your credit card information”
Now obviously this is pretty run-of-the-mill spam and nothing to really think twice about, but for some reason emclient is now pushing notifications to my desktop with titles like “Meet up with you today!–10 minutes ago” that it is pulling from these spam emails.
My question is:  how do I turn OFF this auto reminder generation?  I’m sure it’s a well intended feature but for me it amounts to spam and the enabling of spammers and is breaking the otherwise very pleasant emclient experience.
Thank you in advance for the time to read and respond.

Are these Chat requests?

No not chat requests, just emails.  All flagged and pulled by google’s spam filter and not downloaded through the emclient.

I don’t see pop-ups for spam with other IMAP servers. Maybe a GMail user can comment but as far as I know, even though the GMail Spam folder is present in eM Client, there are no notifications for messages in that folder. You should only get notifications for new Inbox and Chat messages.

Reminders are something else, and are from events or tasks. Could you maybe provide a screenshot of the “reminder”?

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I’ve taken screenshots of the two most recent ‘reminders’–you can see it’s creating them under the agenda section of the client. ![](https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1734198/RackMultipart20180606-39745-18g763o-Screenshot 1 inline.png?1528307221 “Image: https://d2r1vs3d9006ap.cloudfront.net/s3_images/1734198/RackMultipart20180606-39745-18g763o-Screenshot__1__inline.png?1528307221”)

These are events in your Google Calendar, not email messages. I would suggest deleting them and not accepting or declining any further meeting requests you receive from unknown senders.

I see that now–thanks for the advice.  Now to try to figure out how this spam infiltrated my calendar…

In eM Client if you are sent an invitation by email and you click on decline, the event will still be added to your calendar. If you don’t recognize it, the best solution is to just delete the message without clicking on anything.

There is a setting in Google Calendar to prevent events being automatically added to your calendar. Not sure if that applies when used through eM Client, but you might want to look into it.