reminder window steals focus and loses reminders

Whenever a reminder is due the reminder window pops up and steals focus from whatever I’m doing, so that if I happen to be typing (which I’m often doing!) it makes some random thing happen before I can stop.  Usually this results in dismissing all my reminders, or snoozing all of them, which is a huge problem!

There is a very good reason why well-behaved apps don’t steal focus, and it’s hard for me to believe anyone can think this is a good idea.  Is there any way to make it stop doing this?

Hi Peter, what version of eM Client are you currently using?
Are you having issues with calendar event reminders or task reminders?

What mail service are you using with eM Client?

Thank you,
Paul.

Hi Paul, thanks for responding.  I’m using 6.0.21040 on XP, with Gmail.  This applies to both task and calendar events, since they share the same reminder window.  The problem is that the reminder window pops up in front of active windows and steals focus.  That should never happen, for at least two reasons: it interrupts your work, and it means that anything you type goes into the reminder window instead of where you were, causing unpredictable results.  Outlook has this right, it shows in the taskbar that the window has activity but it doesn’t bring it to the top and request focus.

Hi Peter, unfortunately it seems like you’re right. Reminders do steal focus for the application, however it can not be changed using the applications settings.
I’ve reported the issue to the developers and we’ll consider improving this for future releases of eM Client.

Thank you for reporting this,
Paul.

This happens to me, too, and it is annoying.

Ken