Reminder window "due" values rounded down

In the reminder window, the “Due” column values appear to be always rounded down.

I found this quite confusing. For example, I had an appointment that was due in about a week (say 6.9 days). eM Client just displayed “6 days” in the window, which was confusing because the appointment was actually 7 week days away. (The current day was Saturday, and the appointment was on the next Saturday.)

As a human, I would definitely want the column to display “7 days” in the above example. The following are three ways of working around this in order of my personal preference:
-Calculate the difference by only determining the difference in days between the dates rather than dates and times.
-Show day values to one decimal place. (For example, 6.9 days.)
-Round the values to the nearest integers.

Thank you for reporting this. We will try to fix it as soon as possible.

I would like to add that I agree that the current behavior is probably incorrect (version 5.0.18661.0).

If I create events at 17:30 and 18:00 with reminders, the following behavior is shown at 14:15.

eM Client says ‘3 hours’ for both events (rounding down)
Outlook 2013 says ‘4 hours’ for the event at 18:00; ‘3 hours’ for the event at 17:30 (rounding to the nearest hour)

I definitely think that rounding to the nearest hour is the correct behavior. Having a reminder for an event 1 hour 59 mins away saying 1 hour is misleading.

Hello,

if this issues still persists, can you please send me screenshot of your issue to [email protected] together with exported event into .ics and this topic’s url in subject?

with regards
Jan