Release Dec 4 2020-installing new version

New here so hope I’m posting in correct area. If not, apologies and please advise. Currently running V8.0.3385. I too wish I’d never upgraded to V8 but done now. My question is in regard to newest update released Dec 4 2020 and correct way to download/install when I’ve moved my Storage off my C: drive. I have always just updated whenever the program prompted in the past. Tech Support has suggested I update and gave me the link to the download but when I replied and asked this question they have not responded and I’m beginning to have serious issues. Do I need to backup ONLY my database from D: drive and does my database hold my LOCAL folders that I have made, as well? Do I need to uninstall the current version from C: drive before installing new version? Finally, I assume once new install done I simply go to Storage and point back to my D: drive? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks.

You can wait and update when the application prompts you if that works best for you, but sometimes newer release are available and not pushed to all users. Also, Support may give you a link to an unreleased version that addresses an issue you are experiencing. I suggest you follow their recommendation unless a newer release is available for download in the Release History. Then just download and install from there.

They usually reply to Pro License users in about a day, but they don’t work on weekends. That may be the reason.

All you need to do is go to Menu > Backup and that will do everything for you with one click. Yes, the backup will include all your data including Local Folders.

No.

Under normal circumstances just install the application and it will restart with all your settings and data automatically there. If, for some reason, the database is empty when you restart, then change your settings to point to your D: drive again.

Gary, thank you so much for that!

1 Like