Regularly "flies" license.

I use emClient Free on two computers with a single email address - desktop and laptop. Regularly “flies” license. And disappear setting rules and contacts.

Hi,
you need one license per device for eM Client to work properly. I’m not sure what you mean by ‘flies’ license.

Best regards,
Olivia

How, then, to work with a single mailbox from a desktop and a laptop? After the license is issued for the mailing address.

You can either buy PRO license which you can have more of for the same address, or use a second address to get another free license and then after you use the license in eM Client don’t keep the address enabled if you don’t want to use it.

Best regards,
Olivia

Of course, this is the most obvious. However, the biggest disadvantage is that when the “loss” of the license is removed by the rules and a list of contacts. Maybe that’s specially made, but to buy the pro version has less than desirable.
so what windose Windows, but there is often lost activation.
so there are serious concerns that in the pro version will disappear rules and contacts

Hello,
I apologize, but I am not sure what you’re suggesting. What loss of license? If you don’t break rules or policies of our product, you will not lose the license. The whole lost activation issue was cause by using the same license on 2 devices. If you have 2 licenses, your settings will not disappear.

Best regards,
Olivia