Red warning triangle, Auth logs and WM logs

Hello again I have another problem with eM Client. Yesterday I started getting a red warning triangle “connection failed etc” although test emails seem to be working. I know that I went in to try and clear my logs after a Google warning that my space was at 91% and I deleted a lot of old emails then came across the logs going back to 2017! I was too uncertain to know if I should clear the logs but on checking, I have pages and pages of Auth logs and WM logs whatever they are. Can anyone tell me if I can delete these please? Also what is their purpose? I’m in unknown territory here forgive my ignorance I’m of the older generation. I’ve used eM Client free version for years without too many problems. Would it help to upgrade to the paid version? Thank you.Dottie.

If you are getting low on space in your Google account, and have deleted alot of old mail, make sure you have cleared your Gmail Trash folder or you won’t see any change to your Google space.

Note: Sometimes as well you can get low on Google space due to what else is in your Google Drive. Gmail is “only one part of the space” and may not necessarily be what’s causing the low issue. Documents and Photos also can cause it. So login to your Google drive to check as well

I know that I went in to try and clear my logs after a Google warning that my space was at 91% and I deleted a lot of old emails then came across the logs going back to 2017! I was too uncertain to know if I should clear the logs.

Clearing logs in eM Client, doesn’t delete mail.

I have pages and pages of Auth logs and WM logs whatever they are. Can anyone tell me if I can delete these please? Also what is their purpose?

Where are you seeing these Auth logs & WM logs ? Is this in eM Client or in your OS somewhere ?

Can you elaborate exactly where you see them.

Thank you cyberzork for your rapid reply! Yes I cleared my Google Trash folder.

I realise clearing logs doesn’t delete emails I just came across the logs in my efforts to get rid of the warning triangle and also because I thought I recollected clearing them in eM Client years ago. I came across them via the above Settings/Logging etc. I think I hit “send logs” and it took me to Quick Access and all the logs were there somewhere but now I can’t find them I just remember they went back to 2017. I’m really sorry if I’m wasting your time due to my inability to retrace these Logs. I’ve tried a number or searches but without success. My apologies, if I come across them later I will send the information. Many thanks again Dottie.
PS I’m pretty sure they were in my Operating System,

A new auth.log is created every time you start eM Client. They simply track success/failures logging into your email server and are sometimes requested by us for advanced troubleshooting if you are having issues with your provider. Normally they shouldn’t be very large, but there may be a lot of them.

The same goes for other files in the folder. The sqlite.log will probably be the largest.

You can just delete them occasionally in Menu > Settings > Advanced by clicking on the Clear Logs button. This will not affect your data or connection to your email provider.

Or you can use Menu > Help > Open Log Directory, and delete them though the Windows Explorer window that opens.

1 Like

Hi Gary and thank you for explaining. I will do as you suggest.
It doesn’t sound as if the logs are the reason for the annoying red warning triangle,especially as I’m able to send and receive mail. Thanks again Dottie.

PS I just went in and deleted over 9000 log files…thank you.